• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    ive been thinking of getting into a lever gun but I want one that I can deer hunt LEGALLY with the debate starts I cant decide what would be better as ive never owned a rifle that shoots handgun ammo so I want some thoughts opinions and what not on the subject I have revolvers that shoot both of these rounds so Ill start with that im not opposed to having another bigger caliber though. it would give an excuse to buy another handgun for that round :laugh: what is legal handgun rounds in our state. and cause im curious is 45/70 a handgun round?

gimme some pros and cons of different calibers in the lever guns any and all

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    ive been thinking of getting into a lever gun but I want one that I can deer hunt LEGALLY with the debate starts I cant decide what would be better as ive never owned a rifle that shoots handgun ammo so I want some thoughts opinions and what not on the subject I have revolvers that shoot both of these rounds so Ill start with that im not opposed to having another bigger caliber though. it would give an excuse to buy another handgun for that round :laugh: what is legal handgun rounds in our state. and cause im curious is 45/70 a handgun round?

gimme some pros and cons of different calibers in the lever guns any and all

45/70 is not legal for deer. Most like the Marlin because the ease of scope mounting.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    DSC03056.jpg

marlin.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Marlin 44 mag. For all reasons posted above and elsewhere. I've killed deer with mine including a nice 10 pt 140 class buck. Handloads work great and make it very inexpensive to shoot. I topped mine with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40. Very accurate out to 100 yds. 10 rounds inside a baseball is the norm.

Top Bottom