Libertarians issue warning to Tea Partiers Which do the tea partiers hate more ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And what do you do when one party decides they aren't going to abide by the results of the "binding" arbitration?
    I would send my agents to enforce the arbitration agreement. If it concerned splitting up of property then my agents would retrieve my property. Arbitration works. That's why so many companies use it and why courts won't help you if you decide to renege on your agreement.
    Arbitration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I would send my agents to enforce the arbitration agreement. If it concerned splitting up of property then my agents would retrieve my property. Arbitration works. That's why so many companies use it and why courts won't help you if you decide to renege on your agreement.
    Arbitration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And when they resist your attack, backed by no government or law, what then?

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    And when they resist your attack, backed by no government or law, what then?

Ah, good ol' Joe, always arguing the baseless argument just to be contrary. Yes, arbitration does eventually end up involving the government at its most extreme point. All contracts do. **News Flash** that's one of the few proper purposes of government. You framed a false argument which you assumed libertarians would agree with (which they don't), then started spouting stupid questions about that falsely assumed argument. I'm thinking of a deep-colored fish at the moment...

If you really don't understand how contracts work at your age...methinks there's a problem. :n00b:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Ah, good ol' Joe, always arguing the baseless argument just to be contrary. Yes, arbitration does eventually end up involving the government at its most extreme point. All contracts do. **News Flash** that's one of the few proper purposes of government. You framed a false argument which you assumed libertarians would agree with (which they don't), then started spouting stupid questions about that falsely assumed argument. I'm thinking of a deep-colored fish at the moment...

If you really don't understand how contracts work at your age...methinks there's a problem. :n00b:

I understand perfectly how contracts work. I don't think you do, and when faced with the reality that they are backed by government force, you start foaming at the mouth and spouting the kind of infantile garbage in your post.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I understand perfectly how contracts work. I don't think you do, and when faced with the reality that they are backed by government force, you start foaming at the mouth and spouting the kind of infantile garbage in your post.

What it seems to me is that you're saying that since government MIGHT become involved, they should just automatically become involved to save a lot of hassle... I'm sure you'll argue that point, but I'm not sure why else you would take the position that you are.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I've not been "faced with the reality" any time recently. You're the only person in this thread that even proposed a theoretical system in which they do not eventually meet government force. What I believe most of us in this thread desire is for technical marriage (as opposed to religious marriage) to be a personal contract which utilizes third party arbitration up until the point that one or more parties do not abide by the decision of the arbitrator, at which point the court system & law enforcement would become involved.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I was going to stop responding to this thread because a) we've hijacked it and b) pretty much whipped this horse. I can not however let Paco's comment go without a reply.

... What I believe most of us in this thread desire is for technical marriage (as opposed to religious marriage) to be a personal contract which utilizes third party arbitration up until the point that one or more parties do not abide by the decision of the arbitrator, at which point the court system & law enforcement would become involved.
    Holy moly son, what you describe is exactly what currently exists. People enter a marriage (contract). If it doesn't work out they enter counseling (arbitration). If the counseling fails, they usually end up in court and often law enforcement gets involved somewhere during the process.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    How about this... Big Govt out of it, States handle it, at they're own risk. Let them have California (Not called the land of Fruits 'N Nuts for nothing) All the rightist, pack up, and let that mother sink....

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I was going to stop responding to this thread because a) we've hijacked it and b) pretty much whipped this horse. I can not however let Paco's comment go without a reply.

Holy moly son, what you describe is exactly what currently exists. People enter a marriage (contract). If it doesn't work out they enter counseling (arbitration). If the counseling fails, they usually end up in court and often law enforcement gets involved somewhere during the process.

Except, currently, there are religion-based parameters placed upon it, as the contract is drafted by the state.

Top Bottom