• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    Just finished helping clean up kitchen with my wife,the family just left .we made the ham turkey and dressing. my mother inlaw and 3 sister in laws brought everything else .all the family is healthy, everyone is employedand after we ate 3 brother in laws 4 nephews mother in laws boyfriend and my son shot 250 12 gage /125 20 gage shells trying to brake 3 boxes of clay targets .my youngest nephew Hunter shot my sons 10/22 with his dad at targets .His first shot was in the black .we picked up all our empties built our fire and caught up.Doug was thankful to have work close to home {toledo jeep plant expansion }was working at FT.Benning Ga. building battle simulation sites all summer.Jason's company does concrete they got part of the Jeep plant work also, Ron is still hauling tires from Bryan Ohio to Pennsylvania twice a week .3 named are my bro-in laws/ 3 oldest nephews are all working oldest just got wed in Sept he and new wife started new jobs in Cleveland he at UPS/she at a hospital.Other 2 working at a machine shop servicing a local steel mill lots of ot and on the job training .My family son is #1 in his class /daughter finishing respetory tech semester 1.we went back to the house at dark women still planning their shopping trips ... said our good byes... we all are so blessed life is truley good:rockwoot::D

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I'm really impressed to see people who really understand what this holiday is really about. Its not just a day off work for turkey, football and black Friday sales. Thanks for making another positive Ingo thread !

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Just finished helping clean up kitchen with my wife,the family just left .we made the ham turkey and dressing. my mother inlaw and 3 sister in laws brought everything else .all the family is healthy, everyone is employedand after we ate 3 brother in laws 4 nephews mother in laws boyfriend and my son shot 250 12 gage /125 20 gage shells trying to brake 3 boxes of clay targets .my youngest nephew Hunter shot my sons 10/22 with his dad at targets .His first shot was in the black .we picked up all our empties built our fire and caught up.Doug was thankful to have work close to home {toledo jeep plant expansion }was working at FT.Benning Ga. building battle simulation sites all summer.Jason's company does concrete they got part of the Jeep plant work also, Ron is still hauling tires from Bryan Ohio to Pennsylvania twice a week .3 named are my bro-in laws/ 3 oldest nephews are all working oldest just got wed in Sept he and new wife started new jobs in Cleveland he at UPS/she at a hospital.Other 2 working at a machine shop servicing a local steel mill lots of ot and on the job training .My family son is #1 in his class /daughter finishing respetory tech semester 1.we went back to the house at dark women still planning their shopping trips ... said our good byes... we all are so blessed life is truley good:rockwoot::D

It sounds like you had a great day, and a ton of stuff to be Thankful for. We had a great one as well. Altho it was just the 3 of us, this is the first time in about 4 years that we've all been together at the same table, enjoying the feast of Turkey, Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, candied Sweet Potatoes, and a big Berry Pie for dessert. We ate until we were so stuffed we could hardly move, but it was great! And all 3 of us took part in the cooking, eating and clean up. Teamwork makes thing go a lot faster! We've had a good year, Bill is employed, so is our daughter in her new role as a caregiver to the "mentally challenged", and I'm happy being chief cook and bottle washer.

We've been together a lot this past year, and it's been great, especially since I've missed the last 2 Thanksgivings, being away in CA for medical reasons. I'm home to stay now, which is a thing I'm VERY Thankful for! No shooting here, altho we're just outside the city limits, the LEO's would frown on it in a residential sub division. And so would our neighbors! :):

It sounds like you had a great year yourself, I'm so glad, and I wish and will pray that you are blessed with many many more to come!

Happy Holidays!
    7th Stepper

Top Bottom