• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    DO you think that the lifetime liscense will be resended anytime soon or do you think it is here to stay?

It would take an act of legislation to change it, and to my knowledge, no such bill has ever been introduced. COULD it be rescinded? Of course it could. I very much doubt it would happen any time soon.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are you from Kokomo* by any chance?:D

*I tracked the whole "the lifetime carry license will be rescinded because the lifetime hunting license was" rumor to a clerk at the Howard County Sheriff's Department.

dawg, it's here as long as we fight to keep it. The gun shoppe rumors are just that, rumors. Something for guys to fret about.

Can I interest you in a membership to the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association?* ISRPA Membership

*In the interest of full disclosure: Kirk Freeman is on the Board of Directions, Director-At-Large, of ISRPA.

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Hey Kirk,
    No I am from Indy and the reason I asked was it seems once a good thing happens somebody always seems to want to change it...like the lifetime hunting liscense. It was very affordable at first but then got way out of whack. I figure somebody would try to put a stop to a lifetime permit.
    Just sayin

Dawg

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Are you from Kokomo* by any chance?:D

*I tracked the whole "the lifetime carry license will be rescinded because the lifetime hunting license was" rumor to a clerk at the Howard County Sheriff's Department.

dawg, it's here as long as we fight to keep it. The gun shoppe rumors are just that, rumors. Something for guys to fret about.

Can I interest you in a membership to the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association?* ISRPA Membership

*In the interest of full disclosure: Kirk Freeman is on the Board of Directions, Director-At-Large, of ISRPA.

You just might...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No I am from Indy and the reason I asked was it seems once a good thing happens somebody always seems to want to change it...like the lifetime hunting liscense. It was very affordable at first but then got way out of whack. I figure somebody would try to put a stop to a lifetime permit.

Dawg, keep this distinction in mind, the lifetime hunting license was an internal admin decision by IDNR.

The lifetime carry license was a statute passed by the General Assembly. A clerk cannot wake up from a nap and cancel it.

I share your concerns about counterattacks on our gains.

That's why advocate, at least vocalize my opinion, the more we stand together, the better. Politicians may be dumb, however they can count.

As an officer of ISPRA, if I can answer any questions about us, feel free to PM me.

hoosierjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Like a previous poster mentioned, it is possible for the legislature to repeal it, but I don't see it happening in the near future, given the current political trends.

Top Bottom