• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Anyone here have a lifted jeep wk or newer wrangler? I'm thinking of trading/selling my TBSS and picking one up. Looking for opinions and pros/cons. Would do a 2-3" lift and 32-33s. 400hp and awd doesn't do it for me anymore, time to get off the pavement.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Anyone here have a lifted jeep wk or newer wrangler? I'm thinking of trading/selling my TBSS and picking one up. Looking for opinions and pros/cons. Would do a 2-3" lift and 32-33s. 400hp and awd doesn't do it for me anymore, time to get off the pavement.

I just this week put an AEV Conversions 2 inch spacer lift on my 08 Rubicon Unlimited. It uses shock extensions, so it rides and handles just the way it did before. I'm looking at going with a modest increase in tire size to a 33" tire. It lifted the Jeep nicely, without compromising stability or driveability. I wanted a slight increase in breakover angle, while getting a slight increase in ground clearance with the tires. (The tires are yet to come.)

This Jeep rides and drives beautifully, and it is pretty amazing off-road.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    New wranglers? Bah! The old CJ's and the TJ's are the best out there.
    I'm not a BIG fan of the new JK's. But the 4-doors are starting to grow on me.

But I LOVE my lifted TJ :D

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have a 04 TJ with a small lift. I looked at a 2011 Rubicon Unlimited the other day. It had power windows and locks, leather seats and much more. There's just something not right with a Wrangler having power everything and especially leather seats.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Done plenty of these over the years..

Jeep Suspension Lift Kits

All were mostly easy, some alignment issues but the owner of the shop I worked with had one of the big wigs at Rough Country's cell phone... It helped..

Either way a Jeeps are cool, I still own one.. Old and unfinished but hey, it's there...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I have a 04 TJ with a small lift. I looked at a 2011 Rubicon Unlimited the other day. It had power windows and locks, leather seats and much more. There's just something not right with a Wrangler having power everything and especially leather seats.

I've had them all, and the JK Rubicon is easily the most capable I've owned, right off the lot. I loved them all, though.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    This thread is worthless without pics...

11677A1.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Always willing to show off a bit:

2003 Jeep TJ w/ 2.5" OME springs and 32" BFG M/Ts. My daily driver. Next to my 1980 CJ-7. In the process of swapping in a 14-bolt/Dana60 combo in place of the Dana 44's.

picture.php

Feel free to ask anything you want. Jeeps and off-road are kinda what I do. At least when I'm not working.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I personally love the WK, mainly for the ride quality and styling. But a lift is not cheap on them due to the IFS. That is the main reason you rarely see a lifted WK, but lifted WJ's, with their solid front axle, are easily lifted. You'll definitely have a unique vehicle in a lifted WK. Whether or not you lift it, make sure to come out to ODZ Jeep Jam in Fort Wayne next October, we had over 1000 people there this past year!

Top Bottom