• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reel Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Looking to buy a small auto in 9 mm. like some advice on what you might have and how it functions. Now that I am retired price matter but still needs to go bang. Thanks :popcorn:

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Give the Kel-Tec P11 a look - both are reliable and readily available. Had one adn wish I would've never gotten rid of it. Shot straight and was reliable with anything I fed it. Good Luck.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I guess a lot depends on what you want it for. If it's for carry, I'd be looking at the new Kahr CM9. If it's for plinking you have a lot more to choose from. You really can't go wrong with one of the American made pistols out there. Take your time and go shopping so you can hold a few and see what feels comfortable.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    I personally like the stoeger Cougar 9mm. cost is anywhere from 350-450 depending where your at. I bought mine about a month ago and am very happy with the purchase. Very reliable and accurate gun also fits great in my hand. Thats another thing, make sure whatever you buy feels right to you.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Glock, of course. Choose your model, they're all good. :)

Taurus makes really good guns now-a-days; and they've got a model in every size, and pretty much every color you could ask for, too.

Go to the local gun store, (preferably one with a large selection,) and ask this same question of the guys there. Gotta hold them in your hands to really know what works for you.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    KAHR PM9.

I've messed with other small 9mm and .380 autos. I've tried lots of 'em. I did not like they way any of them really looked, felt, or shot. I ended up going back to a .38 snub. My buddy was trying to come up with some quick cash and was willing to let his go cheap. I bought it from him and WOW! I wouldn't ever bother looking at anything else. It's just that amazing.

But, again that's only my opinion. The great thing about firearms is that there is something out there for everyone's individual taste.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    What is small? A lot of people are really liking the new Ruger SR9c. Kahrs, PPS, XDc, M&Pc are all good choices too. You should compare the way they feel and fit in your belt. I have nothing against Glocks per se but they tend to be wider than some of the others and take up more room between my butt and my belt.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    For auto in 9 you are going to have to go uzi or Mp5. Don't forget you need a NFA stamp to own it. I guess an uzi is the smaller of the two.

If you mean semi-auto, then there are a lot of choices, all which are mentioned previously.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have experience with 3 small frame 9mms. The first is a Sig P6 ($350-$400). It's a really nice gun that always goes bang. It's accurate and has a decocker but no manual safety. The biggest problem with it is that it's a single stack 9 and only holds 8 rounds.

The second is a Bersa 9UC ($330-$450). It's a 13 round DA/SA gun that has a manual safety and decocker. It's completely ambidextrous and is reliable and accurate. It has a steel slide and aluminum frame, but really does not feel very light.

The third is a CZ 75B Compact ($400-$500). It's an all steel gun that does not carry too much weight. It's a DA/SA gun that has a manual safety and no decocker, so it can be carried in condition 1. It's accurate and reliable. It's one of the most comfortable guns to hold and shoot. I've only had mine about a week now, but have put over 300 rounds through it in the first 2 days.

All three of these are great guns that will do what they are supposed to do when a situation arises. They also are all great shooters that will make you want to take them to the range for lots of practice.

Hope this helped.

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    I carry a Kahr CW9 and love it. It is light, accurate, and inexpensive. They are single stack so if you have smaller hands (I have small hands) it will be so comfortable. The CM9 is the newest one out but is supposed to fill your bill.
    obj39geo40pg1p34.jpg

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    A lot if good choices. I prefer the XDSC in 9mm. I'd suggest heading to the gun shop and finging the one that feels right to you. Renting and shooting before you buy can't hurt either.

Top Bottom