• ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Guys,

I am teaching Tactical Response's Bug Out 101 class up here in Indiana, March 19-20. This class was a HUGE success when I taught it in December in TN. You can go to GOTX and read the AARs. They speak for themselves.

If you have been looking for an excuse to get out, push yourself, test your gear, learn survival skills and get trained up. This is your opportunity. This class is not your father's survival class. You will live in the woods living out of your BOB. Since it is a bug out class, we dicuss E&E considerations, to include a practical hands on with both PVS7s and thermal imagers. Its more than a 2 day, 16 hour course. There is no going home at night, or checking into a hotel. You're in for the duration, regardless of the weather. Are you up to it?

I only need a couple, three, maybe four people to do this class. I want to keep it small and exclusive, so we can tailor the content to the needs of the group.

Here is a course description and registration info. It is not on the schedule, but it will be.

Tactical Response

Let me know if you are seriously interested in taking this course, or hit me with any questions you may have.

Russ

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Interesting sales pitch. I read over the info on the link and in consideration of the cost it seems that price will be the reason most of us won't be able to attend.

Honestly I would love to attend this and some other classes to learn new things but I personally can't justify the cost of a weapon and some ammo for two days of training.

Thanks for posting but I won't be able to swing the cost.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    We should get together and do our own survival course by ourselfs and learn off each others knowledge,training, and experiences. For free

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I understand some folks can't won't spend money for professional training. Its always been that way. There has to be value in it for you to drop coin on skills and knowledge rather than the newest shiny thing you can show your buddies. You can show them that new SKS, but you can't show them how you've changed because you learned how to become more effective. I get that.

For those who are training junkies. $400 is a good deal. Compared to a shooting class, its a bargain. A shooting class has a round count. Most shooting classes break for the night, so you have hotel and meal costs. Not with the Bug Out Class.

This class isn't your uncles backyard session teaching knot tying and hotdog cooking. Its not a camp out. Its training. It will push you. You will learn by doing and experiencing.

Its not for everyone.

Thank you to those who have expressed interest or already registered. We're gonna have a good time.

Russ

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Throttlejocky.

We could work something out to get your whole family involved at a discount. Either this one or a private session, custom suited for your family. Working together as a family, in a bugout is an EXCELLENT experience.

You don't know how it will go until you run it under real world conditions.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I understand some folks can't won't spend money for professional training. Its always been that way. There has to be value in it for you to drop coin on skills and knowledge rather than the newest shiny thing you can show your buddies. You can show them that new SKS, but you can't show them how you've changed because you learned how to become more effective. I get that.

For those who are training junkies. $400 is a good deal. Compared to a shooting class, its a bargain. A shooting class has a round count. Most shooting classes break for the night, so you have hotel and meal costs. Not with the Bug Out Class.

This class isn't your uncles backyard session teaching knot tying and hotdog cooking. Its not a camp out. Its training. It will push you. You will learn by doing and experiencing.

Its not for everyone.

Thank you to those who have expressed interest or already registered. We're gonna have a good time.

Russ

I don't have anything against the money being charged but would like to know what I am getting out of the money spent. The Tactical Response site does a good job of explaining things but a lot of people probably don't see a lot of things learned for the price. However, I am still thinking about doing the class myself...I am always looking to learn new skills.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I have nothing against people seeking out training, in fact I promote it, I used to be a trainer for various information and personally I am all for sharing my knowledge. I have been responsible for training others in life and death situations. I just think these days the training budget most people allocate out of their budgets is a little tight.

If I had the extra money I would want to attend and totally agree with the subject and from what I saw in the information on the link it could possibly be something I don't presently know.

As for the newest shiny thing, I agree some people have tools that they have no idea how to use. Ever see a guy wack a bolt with a crecent wrench? Point taken.. But some might take that comment as a pot shot and it might turn them off from this and any other training offered by you or your group..

I would bet that if you had a couple hour seminar setup on youtube explaining the highlights of your training class you might find that others would spit out the cash for the class once they understood what your offering.

Just my two pennies, I am all for sharing knowledge and honestly if I was able to bring at least one other person with me for the same price I would be able to dig up the cash..

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Irishfan,

As I said, its not for everyone. What you get out of the class may depend on your prior level of experience. I will say this, I have had active duty mil guys with SERE under their belts tell me my class picked up where SERE left off. I've had smoke jumpers, Eagle Scouts, prior service tier 1 hoohas, hunting guides and old school woodsmen in my class- all learned a lot. I pack so much stuff into this class, the description can't do it justice.

Here are some quotes from a few AARs from the recent Bug Out 101 class:

"This is the most challenging and rewarding course I have taken to date."

"Being my first experience with Russ, it was immediately apparent that he is the real deal. His depth of knowledge was astounding, and could only be derived from personal experience, not just books and Survivorman marathons."

"BugOut 101 was just as I hoped it would be – it put my existing ideas about bugging-out to the test, and taught me what I need to change, what I need to learn and what skills I need to continue to improve."

" I’d encourage anyone – shooter or not – to take the next BugOut 101. The information provided applies to every one of us. Come prepared to put your existing plan to the test, come prepared for the conditions (they might be … challenging…) and come prepared to learn. You will not be disappointed."

"Thanks to Russ for leading a great class with very good material built in. The class was a blast and I hope to never truly need what I have learned and come to understand. But if I need it… "

I hope to see you in class Irishfan.

Russ

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Icarry2,

Good points, thanks for your input. A youtube vid is under consideration.
    As far as turning people off, most people have already made up their minds.

Russ

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Wetsu, I do believe in training and wish I had it in my budget. I will keep looking at your schedule and try to set aside some cash in the budget for a class in the fall. And I know what your talking about the limits of SERE training which is usually a preset objective and not free flowing like the real world..

Please keep us posted on future classes..

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Detailed AAR's for all of Tactical Response's classes are on their forum, LiveCloud If you want a feel for the classes you can read for hours. The classes and instructors have all been top notch. More importantly the philosophy of TR in my opinion is right on.

$400 is nothing for the caliber of training you get, guys are flying in from Europe to get trained by them.

I sell insurance. When I wanted training I asked guys who had been there and done that where to go. They told me you got take some classes from TR.

Bonus is 3 or 4 are taught in IN each year.

Top Bottom