• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I've been trying to get a microblog client set up for my linux laptop. I'm running Korora 21 (based off of Fedora). I've used Gwibber in the past but some things have changed and I don't care for it now. I've tried several others and every single one of them won't authenticate with Twitter or Facebook. Gwibber still works but it sucks. and I know my credentials are correct. It didn't used to be this difficult in the past.

I've tried:
    Gwibber
    Choqok
    Turpial
    Pidgin
    Thunderbird Chat

All I'm wanting to do is have something that lives in the system tray and will pop up a notification when a Twitter or Facebook like is updated. I only use the two services to monitor things around the county, weather, alerts etc and not to actually chat. I already run Thunderbird and Pidgin in the background and would prefer to have things integrated with one of those instead of running another client if possible.

Any advice?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm a longtime Linux user (posting from a Slackware 64-bit machine), but I've never set up a blog of any sort.
    However, a quick look around shows several threads related to your question, at least assuming that you haven't already looked at them.

» Linuxaria ? Everything about GNU/Linux and Open source 6 Microblogging clients for Linux

7 of the Best Free Linux Twitter Clients - Linux Links - The Linux Portal Site

I'm not sure if any of these will fulfill all of your requirements, but don't write any of them off if some of them don't already come in compiled versions in the format (RPM, I believe) that your variant of Fedora/Redhat comes in.
    You can always build the client from source, then install, or convert from a different format to yours.
    I can offer some help with both, even though I'm no real Linux guru.

Top Bottom