• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok I do not want to come across as crude. However with fertilizer cost through the roof this year we have elected not to augment our compost/ goat manure mixture. So I read somewhere that human urine absent any controlled substances ie prescription drugs could be an alternative. So I have 3 groups of 3 plants each, one gets water alone, one gets manure compost only and the third gets human urine at a rate of 1 cup to one gallon. So far the 3 rd group is producing more blossoms, greener thicker plants and taller plants as well. All plants were started from the same seeds and in the same location of the garden so is there perhaps something to this?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I know the urea helps compost break down. Its an unspoken rule at the inlaws house that if you are swimming and have to "go behind the barn" for a pee break, that you are suggested to pee into the compost bin.

There may also be processed alcohol going into that bin too. :):

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I know the urea helps compost break down. Its an unspoken rule at the inlaws house that if you are swimming and have to "go behind the barn" for a pee break, that you are suggested to pee into the compost bin.

There may also be processed alcohol going into that bin too. :):
    Well would it be processed alcohol or really just rented alcohol? Lol

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Ok I do not want to come across as crude. However with fertilizer cost through the roof this year we have elected not to augment our compost/ goat manure mixture. So I read somewhere that human urine absent any controlled substances ie prescription drugs could be an alternative.
    And now I'm super curious about what kind of substances in human urine could adversely affect plant growth and how.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    And now I'm super curious about what kind of substances in human urine could adversely affect plant growth and how.
    From what I am finding rented beer, coffee or other liquids are high in phosphates which I am told is good for plants.

I have read on several sites to be cautious of making your own while taking any prescription meds. Not sure of the rationale other than perhaps a cya thing?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    From what I am finding rented beer, coffee or other liquids are high in phosphates which I am told is good for plants.

I have read on several sites to be cautious of making your own while taking any prescription meds. Not sure of the rationale other than perhaps a cya thing?
    They're worried my plants will have low cholesterol and low blood pressure.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Not sure what your specific needs are but DEF fluid seems to be catching on as a cheap source of nitrogen.

Didn’t see where he addressed DEF in the video but had a hard time listening as slow as he wanted to talk.

I did the math using co-op prices for 28 and mini bulk prices for def, and by my calculations def is about $2.24 per unit of N, and 28% is about $1.42.

So maybe it’s available, maybe it’s easier, but it’s not cheaper.

If someone tells you it’s 32% urea, that’s not N, the N is about 15% by weight, compared to 28% is the common liquid fertilizer around here.
    Your math may vary.

I sure hope no one is putting def on their yard for fertilizer. When we run out this fall and crops can’t be harvested I hope those that did apply it to something as vain as their yard feel the worst of the pain at the grocery store. But, whatever.

Top Bottom