List of Pro-Gun and Anti-Gun Store(Southwest Indiana)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    (this post is copied from rambone's post and I hope he doesn't mind me using his template)

We often discuss our encounters at various stores and report back to the forum, whether they be good or bad encounters, regarding their official stance on carrying guns. The goal of this thread is to create a consolidated list of pro-gun & anti-gun stores in Southwest Indiana. If this goes well other people may want to create a thread listing stores in your neck of the woods.

This thread will entail "District 10," defined as:
    Knox County
    Davies County
    Martin County
    Gibson County
    Pike County
    Dubois County
    Crawford County
    Perry County
    Spencer County
    Warrick County
    Vandergurgh County

Posey County

Indiana%20DHS%20District%20Map.bmp

ANTI-GUN BUSINESSES
    The Anti-Gun list will entail stores that have an official policy for restricting carry in their stores. This might have been determined by a visibly posted sign, an encounter with a manager, reading the employee handbook, etc. If at some point the store vindicates themselves we will make a note of it.

GUN-NEUTRAL BUSINESSES
    The Gun-Neutral list contains a list of businesses that have no rules on the books about carrying, have no signs posted prohibiting it, and the management do not acknowledge one way or another your decision to carry. Unless you tell me otherwise!

STARBUCKS

Evansville
    Taco Johns(Restaurant)--------> St. Joe
    Texas Roadhouse(Restaurant)------ Eagle Crest
    Gander Mountain(Retail, Sporting Goods)-----> Indiana Street _
    Wal-Mart(Everything)------->West Side
    Dogtown tavern(Restaurant)------>Old Henderson Rd.

PRO-GUN BUSINESSES
    The Pro-Gun list will be a shorter list of stores that have proved themselves to be true friends of gun-owners. I don't think it will be necessary to list every gun shop as a pro-gun store. And this mostly pertains to carry policies, but other aspects should be considered as well.

Evansville
    Hobby Town USA(Hobby Shop)--------> N. Green River Rd.

NOTES
    Please think hard and contribute so we can get a respectable list going here. I will continue to edit the Original Post as we go. When adding a suggestion let us know the following;

The name of the store.
    The type of store (restaurant, clothing store, furniture, etc)
    The address (at least what street the store is on).
    The town and county.
    Summarized comments on what happened in the store.
    Include a thread link where applicable, if it has been discussed elsewhere.
    Is the comment regarding official policy or a mere encounter with an employee?

Last edited:

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Taco Johns
    Fast Food, tacos
    St. Joe
    Evasnville

I was in a couple Sundays ago with a few family members and the store was packed. The employees noticed the OC, but didn't say anything. The only ones who made any comments about it at all were the people who came in from the Church I had just came from. Oh Well.

Thumbs Up for the employees and Taco Johns

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    JC Penny
    2611 E Main St
    Plainfield, IN 46168

ANTI-GUN

I was approached by several "under cover" security guards that asked me to put my pistol in my vehicle - I said no, my wife and I left all of our merchandise we were going to purchase and that's that..

I now CC.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    JC Penny
    2611 E Main St
    Plainfield, IN 46168

ANTI-GUN

I was approached by several "under cover" security guards that asked me to put my pistol in my vehicle - I said no, my wife and I left all of our merchandise we were going to purchase and that's that..

I now CC.

Hendricks County is in District 5. I am only focusing on District 10.

This thread Hasn't been updated in a while but this is where your would belong
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-gun_and_anti-gun_stores_central_indiana.html

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    JC Penny
    2611 E Main St
    Plainfield, IN 46168

ANTI-GUN

I now CC.

I didn't know Plainfield was in district 10, did they move the town to southern Indiana?

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Gander Mountain has an official store policy of allowing CC & OC... so in that regard they should be in the pro-gun category.

Of course their prices might justify placing them in the anti list.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Gander Mountain has an official store policy of allowing CC & OC... so in that regard they should be in the pro-gun category.

Of course their prices might justify placing them in the anti list.

Keeping with the theme of the other two threads I am reserving that category for stores that actually encourage you to carry or have done something positive in reaction to that.

And as you said given their prices i will have to keep them as neutral for now

Top Bottom