• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rapaport

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    I only caught the end of a comment on NPR about high cap mag. Someone said they just got back from hunting trip and they only have 3 shells and most of the time only 1 shot is taken and there is no need for hi cap mag. Well my response to that is, THATS for HUNTING. Big difference between hunting and self defense. If I need to defend myself I want to make sure I have MORE than 3 rounds in my mag! I want a full mag and after 12 shots it might be the 13th shot from my gun before I save my own life or save the lives of a room full of people. And having a few extra rounds left in my mag may be the difference in finishing off the proplem incase the criminal gets back up with his backup gun or more problems. Criminals are PREPARED. And I also like to be reasonably equiped to handle any issues. Knowing that legal people are armed should make people are safer. An armed society is a polite society, I think I heard that somewhere.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The appropriate response to anyone mentioning "hunting" is...

The 2nd Amendment does NOT mention hunting.

As far as I can tell, hunting is not constitutional. <----- this should make the PETA folks happy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The battle lines are quite clear--well at least it is in relation to this discussion...they're going to go after "high capacity" magazines (or clips to the MSM). This is some of the "common sense" reforms they know they can get done. How many so-called gun people do we all know that don't think people "need" assault weapons or need guns with that may rounds in them? The anti's know this is a weak spot and no doubt this is one area where they're certain to attack.

Top Bottom