• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I fail to see why a shotgun not being readily adaptable for a narrowly defined scope of sporting purposes relates to the legality of importation....

Without even getting into recreational shooting, why does the "can it be used for hunting" question even get asked in the first place?

It is sad that things this ridiculous are required to safeguard our rights from infringement...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Without even getting into recreational shooting, why does the "can it be used for hunting" question even get asked in the first place?

Jack Kennedy.

After WWII there were mounds of guns in Europe that people such as Sam Cummings (CIA Investments/Interarms) were scooping up by the warehouse full and selling to distributors such as Potomac, Golden State Arms or Ye Olde Hunter's Lodge, inter alia.

For those who do not know Sam Cummings (the reason there was such a post-War gun culture), a man that we owe a great deal to:

Samuel Cummings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This flood of cheap imports was an outrage to such American makers such as Remington and Smith and Wesson (HQ'd in which state?). The American gun makers wanted an end to cheap imports and got Jack Kennedy to sponsor legislation for them.

Kennedy was then shot by means of an Italian import. After JFK's assassination and the riots in American cities, Dodd and Teddy Kennedy wanted imports halted, not only to protect gun makes in MA and CT, to combat "juvenile crime" and then later African-American violence which was directed to appeal to Democrats from the South in support of the SSA/GCA of 1968.

The SSA/GCA prohibits the imports of "non-sporting" arms. Thus you now have the ATFE point test for pistols. This non-sporting prohibition was modified in the FOPA of 1986 (and is why we have import stamps on Mausers and Mosin-Nagants now).

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Never consider yourself safe for another year. It is something that you always need to keep an eye on.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Obama protecting our gun rights

So this is just another example of Obama protecting our gun rights? I keep hearing a lot of people complain about Obama taking our guns, but it seems that there has been less new gun restriction in the last 4 years than at most times in history.

Whenever a law is passed by anyone taking away gun rights, most on this forum say, "Obama did it". Why aren't there a bunch of people on here saying Obama did this???

For the record, I am not an Obama supporter. I just think people on this forum are funny.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So this is just another example of Obama protecting our gun rights? I keep hearing a lot of people complain about Obama taking our guns, but it seems that there has been less new gun restriction in the last 4 years than at most times in history.

Whenever a law is passed by anyone taking away gun rights, most on this forum say, "Obama did it". Why aren't there a bunch of people on here saying Obama did this???

For the record, I am not an Obama supporter. I just think people on this forum are funny.

Well, you probably weren't a supporter, but you will be labeled one from now on. :laugh:

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County

Obama isn't going to give the Republicans anything so overtly polarizing to use in the upcoming election. Hence no new gun laws, no comment whatsoever on the Occupy movement, no sweeping federal gay marriage stuff; etc. I honestly think its a fight the dems aren't going to get into in a hotly contested election.

But on the subject, that makes me glad I got my Saiga 12 when it was just overpriced ($650 unconverted) as opposed to ludicrous (current $850-$900 unconverted local).

Also glad I didn't buy a couple more as investments.

Top Bottom