• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I hate that our space program is dead after this. Good job killing science, engineering, manufacturing, and everything else that made America great, USG!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I think its a good time for a NASA slowdown, fiscally speaking. However its toward the back of the line of so many other Government programs/agencies.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I wasn't aware this was it for the space program!?! Thanks for the heads up, I will try and watch it!

It's not it for the space program, it's it for the shuttle program.

As much as I LOVE the shuttle, it's an aging technology and it's time for us, the US, to come up with something better. What I fear is this will be used as an excuse to throttle back the space program in general.

The US Space Program has better return on investment than the military without as much death and desctruction.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    this isn't the end of the space program for sure. They still have the black space program that no one sees and has unlimited funding. Rest assured that part of it will still be fully operational.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's not it for the space program, it's it for the shuttle program.

The best people NASA has are leaving in droves. The entire space program will suffer as a result.

As much as I LOVE the shuttle, it's an aging technology and it's time for us, the US, to come up with something better. What I fear is this will be used as an excuse to throttle back the space program in general.
    It's true that the shuttle has far-outlived its technological lifespan (and in fact was used far in excess of its original design mandate), however the US Government has also killed the programs that were supposed to develop the replacement technology. That's not something you can easily recover from. It will be a MINIMUM of ten years to ramp back up enough to have Americans in space again, without relying on the Russians or the Chinese. And that 10-year clock doesn't start ticking until Congress re-finances the project.

The US Space Program has better return on investment than the military without as much death and desctruction.

NASA has returned as much as 1000% on its investments in many cases. Most of the time, it's 200-300%.

Top Bottom