• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lnholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    West Lafayette/Wabash
    So awhile back my father gave me his Llama XV 1911 as a gift. It's a neat little gun but when I took it out the shoot, I would have a FTF about every 3rd or 4th round. I tried a few different brands (Blazer, Federal, Remington) all had the same issue. After looking at the brass, I saw that there was hardly a mark on the rim, which makes me think its something to do with the firing pin or a weak spring. Problem is now, I can't find parts for it anywhere. Anyone have any experience with these or maybe could lead me to some extra parts? Here is mine with my xd45 beside it for sake of size comparison.

IMG_0135.jpg

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ok a couple things...

1- is it a .22lr?

2- where are you located? I used to have a Llama .45 that I refused to let it get the better of me so I do know my way around one.

3- how much do you want to keep it?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Ok then I would say let's look at what we know.

1- it fires MOST of the time but not all the time

Well that about all I know about the problem. Describe it a little more. Does the hammer fall and the round Fail to Fire, or does the slide not go into battery: Fail to Feed.

What do the fired cases look like? Good solid and uniform hits?

Have you taken it apart (not just field stripped) and cleaned/inspected it?

What is you mechanical ability and tool situation? Do you want or are willing to do the work yourself? I for one love tinkering with stuff.

I would be looking for a galled part or broken/stretched spring. But I really want to see the fired brass compared to the missfired ones.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    After having owned several, it has been my experience that Llama guns did not have as much quality as Star or Astra. But you can get good or bad ones in any make. All three makers are now out of business, but it was not due to quality of guns. It was due to economic conditions in Spain.

1911 nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Nothwest In.
    The early Llama guns like yours were not fit as good as the last ones from the company . About an hour or so of stoning and polishing and it will run 100%

lnholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    West Lafayette/Wabash
    Well that about all I know about the problem. Describe it a little more. Does the hammer fall and the round Fail to Fire, or does the slide not go into battery: Fail to Feed.

What do the fired cases look like? Good solid and uniform hits?

Have you taken it apart (not just field stripped) and cleaned/inspected it?

What is you mechanical ability and tool situation? Do you want or are willing to do the work yourself?

I would have to head back to my home town and grab the brass and ftf I left there. But I do remember that the ones that did discharge had very faint striker marks on them. The hammer does fall and there is no failure to feed or eject, just failing to fire. That's what made me think the spring is pretty worn.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    If you have a broken FP . PM me and i can make 1 for you.I have a llama 22 like yours and have made parts for it.Do you know how to remove the slide?

Top Bottom