• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like the vest passed the functional test so that's good. The ND? Not so much.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I had a training class with 2 of their 3 full-time firearms instructors. Yup, you got that right. 1500 person department with their own range and they only have 3 full time training instructors. IMPD has 1600 officers with 10 full-time firearms instructors and still could use more. Understaffing is dangerous.

Combat Engineer

One of the three percent.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2022
    Mauckport In.
    Everytime they put a body cam shooting on tv in Louisville,the officers fire an ungodly amount of rounds at the suspect.Training shouldn't amount to a mag dump everytime you shoot.This is the main reason I don't take these defensive shooting classes.I prefer what the military taught us to do.Dont fire until you have a sight picture.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Everytime they put a body cam shooting on tv in Louisville,the officers fire an ungodly amount of rounds at the suspect.Training shouldn't amount to a mag dump everytime you shoot.This is the main reason I don't take these defensive shooting classes.I prefer what the military taught us to do.Dont fire until you have a sight picture.
    Rule 3

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    We used to have an LMPD officer here on the board that I have attended a number of classes with in southern Indiana. I haven't heard from him lately. I know at times he was very frustrated with their training division. Like so many cities these days, that is a tough place to be a cop.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I had a training class with 2 of their 3 full-time firearms instructors. Yup, you got that right. 1500 person department with their own range and they only have 3 full time training instructors. IMPD has 1600 officers with 10 full-time firearms instructors and still could use more. Understaffing is dangerous.
    I wonder if they will be down to 2 now.

Pretty crazy.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The Marine Corp should be so lucky.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    LMPD at it again. Their reputation is not improving.

Wonder if it was an ND that just happened to strike a vest, or another "oops thought it was sims" situation.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I missed this post but like many I am curious to see the specifics of this when they come out.

If you’re lucky you have a tier of instructors. In several Federal Agencies (what I can speak on) we had line then Leads then Special Teams (SWAT SORT whatever)

The problem is most agencies instructors are 1 a collateral duty

2 some outside of specialty team instructors are politically appointed

And 3 not all instructors can “Teach” or do some agencies want them too.

Many agencies want their instructors to simply be a safety monitor and or administrating that yearly test if a qualification!

We shall see though.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Naw, it was the recruit that got shot. Union rep. will help keep the trainer in there.
    There lies the issue. The the majority of the last few “incidents “ more instructors have shot students than students have shot others.

While any are an issue an instructor should be above making that kind of fail.

Top Bottom