• Status
    Not open for further replies.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    A carry issue I have not seen here and may raise quite the dander with some members but who here carries *gasp* unloaded. When I went to a local dealer to handle the px4 sub compact, p11, and pf9 a fairly nice guy came in carrying a lcp. He was shopping for a new holster and I watched him drop his clip and safety clear his already unloaded weapon. I said hey why don't you do me a favor and just let me have your lcp jokingly. He took offense to my happily delivered joke so I went on further and said if you are going to carry unloaded you might as well leave your gun with me and pick up a rock on your way out. He got a little flustered and the dealer had to chuckle a bit at him and nodded a little bit in support of what I said. So what is everyones opinion here?
    :popcorn:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    AGNTSA-vi.jpg

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Perhaps he was aware of the store's policy of no loaded weapons and already had the chamber empty and merely went through the clearing process for the attendant waiting on him and your comments may have been completely out of line and none of your business.:dunno:
    I think it is silly to not have one in the chamber, but without knowing the full details on what was going on there, your observations may have been slightly off.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Sorry I thought it was a carry issue and since most people I talk to carry loaded and because it came up for me friday IRL and not just discussion I thought I would ask once again i am sorry feel free to lock the thread...

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Perhaps he was aware of the store's policy of no loaded weapons and already had the chamber empty and merely went through the clearing process for the attendant waiting on him and your comments may have been completely out of line and none of your business.:dunno:
    I think it is silly to not have one in the chamber, but without knowing the full details on what was going on there, your observations may have been slightly off.

The only unloaded chambers in the store are the ones on display there are no policies stating that you have to carry empty in the store this is a local guns only dealer not a big box gander mountain or something.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have the same problem with my mother.

A few (well, maybe 4 or 5) years ago, she asked for one of my handguns for home defense, so I loaned/gave her a Rossi .357. A few months later I was visiting at her house and asked to see the pistol, just to make sure it didn't need cleaned or wiped down or something. She produces it from the bottom of her dresser, from a locked box, unloaded. I said "Hang on a sec, I'll be right back", and went to my truck and came back minus the gun but carrying a claw hammer and handed it to her. She asked what the hammer was for, and I told her "If you're going to keep the gun locked up AND unloaded, here's something you don't need to keep locked up, and it's heavier so you'll have a better chance of defending yourself with it." She protested, and I argued back, but in the end I gave her the gun back. Next time I was there, same thing, locked up and empty. :xmad:

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    A carry issue I have not seen here and may raise quite the dander with some members but who here carries *gasp* unloaded. When I went to a local dealer to handle the px4 sub compact, p11, and pf9 a fairly nice guy came in carrying a lcp. He was shopping for a new holster and I watched him drop his clip and safety clear his already unloaded weapon. I said hey why don't you do me a favor and just let me have your lcp jokingly. He took offense to my happily delivered joke so I went on further and said if you are going to carry unloaded you might as well leave your gun with me and pick up a rock on your way out. He got a little flustered and the dealer had to chuckle a bit at him and nodded a little bit in support of what I said. So what is everyones opinion here?
    :popcorn:

My opinion?

He's not too far behind you in the gun knowledge department. :):

(Hint: Unless "Ruger LCP" is code name for an M1 Garand, it's a magazine, not a clip.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom