• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I saw recently the classic loader and was wondering if it could be done in a private college dorm room or would make too much noise? Also what do you think that about having GP on a campus is that a big nono or im i fine. Ill be downtown at IUPUI. IM going to store the guns off campus but am looking at reloading in my down time or while reading a textbook. Also can you really buy everything you need to reload one caliber for 150? I already have my digital calipers my dad gave a set of his mitutoyo which seem to be more then enough for reloading

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If you look, I'll bet the dorm rules forbid firearms, ammo and gunpowder in the dorm building. I just finished another degree in 2008. I lived in married student housing and that was the case.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I saw recently the classic loader and was wondering if it could be done in a private college dorm room or would make too much noise? Also what do you think that about having GP on a campus is that a big nono or im i fine. Ill be downtown at IUPUI. IM going to store the guns off campus but am looking at reloading in my down time or while reading a textbook. Also can you really buy everything you need to reload one caliber for 150? I already have my digital calipers my dad gave a set of his mitutoyo which seem to be more then enough for reloading

Although I have no issue with your question, I would suggest you review the student code of conduct and if it is not specific, check with the student governing body and campus administration.

I recall a thread a while back where an INGO college student was reported for having empty casings in his room and the university considered disciplining him. The casings were discovered by a maintenance man who was in his room to repair a phone and the casings were in a drawer.

I would hate for you to be reloading, get reported and then say, "Well, the guys on INGO said it was alright." Get the answer from the horses' mouth and let us know what he/she says.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Can you? Yes.
    Can you with out breaking rules? Unlikely.
    Should you? I certainly wouldn't. My college education was far too important to my life plans to risk it on anything.

Take one of Aszerigan's reloading classes, then he'll let you use his equipment when you want to reload. Not only do you then have a place to do it off campus, but you get to use much better equipment.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Gunpowder in a dorm room. Hmmm.... I vote (bad idea) for a number of reasons.

Eh, other than most likely against the Rulez, it's no more dangerous (in small appropriate quantities stored properly) than a lot of crap that is in dorm rooms. I fear the hand sanitizers, aftershaves, booze, candles, loose paper, etc, from a danger standpoint a lot more than I would a pound of new smokeless powder in the original container, or a couple hundred primers in their sleeves. The former make excellent accelerants and fuels and create a bigger fire danger than the powder.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Off campus housing for you.

...and uh, don't read while you reload, enjoy the experience!
    I would its just I cant afford to as the state pays for on campus otherwise I would try to stay where my gun is going to be stored.

Although I have no issue with your question, I would suggest you review the student code of conduct and if it is not specific, check with the student governing body and campus administration.

I recall a thread a while back where an INGO college student was reported for having empty casings in his room and the university considered disciplining him. The casings were discovered by a maintenance man who was in his room to repair a phone and the casings were in a drawer.

I would hate for you to be reloading, get reported and then say, "Well, the guys on INGO said it was alright." Get the answer from the horses' mouth and let us know what he/she says.

Wow thats bad. Also they arent clear on ammo just not firearms nothing mentioned about anything else besides open flames

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Are you sure about this??

Can you? Yes.
    Can you with out breaking rules? Unlikely.
    Should you? I certainly wouldn't. My college education was far too important to my life plans to risk it on anything.

Take one of Aszerigan's reloading classes, then he'll let you use his equipment when you want to reload. Not only do you then have a place to do it off campus, but you get to use much better equipment.

Take one of Aszerigan's reloading classes, then he'll let you use his equipment when you want to reload. Not only do you then have a place to do it off campus, but you get to use much better equipment.__________________

Josh, I just left Aszerigan's "House of Hand loads", and he would NOT let me use his equiptment to make my own loads??
    Tell me how you do this???Bill.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Take one of Aszerigan's reloading classes, then he'll let you use his equipment when you want to reload. Not only do you then have a place to do it off campus, but you get to use much better equipment.__________________

Josh, I just left Aszerigan's "House of Hand loads", and he would NOT let me use his equiptment to make my own loads??
    Tell me how you do this???Bill.

I've never met Aszerigan, and I've never been to his shop. I am just relaying information that he posted yesterday in another thread. I'll quote it here for you.

One note -

I have always told the people that take my classes that, once they complete it, they're welcome to come and use my equipment anytime they wish. I know I'm a little far away, but I have all the equipment you'll need - including dies for all four calibers - so feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Also keep in mind that you'll probably find a catch-all prohibition against storing the reloading components in a leased apartment/house, too...

-J-

Top Bottom