• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Was wondering that recently myself. I see that some people bolt them to their truck and was wondering how exactly this is done or if their is a "best" way. Will be watching this thread.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I think it's either Wal-mart or Lowes has one specifically for the car with a cable, and it's about $40. Probably not great quality, but would beat your glove box.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't like leaving my gun in my vehicle. But when I have to I use a Secure-It lock box. Search Google and you will find places to buy them.

They are just a metal box with a cable. A guy with tools could get into it, but its better than nothing or your glove box.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I had a gun stolen out of my truck , so I also looked in to safes to put in my truck , I found a center console safe that replaced the inside of my center console and appeared to be stock until it was opened up , just my luck they didn't make them for my year.
    Figures the one time I left my gun in my truck at work some idiot decides to break into about 10 vehicles in the parking lot and mine was the last one , the minute he found a gun he left, all caught on video , and no I don't have my gun back in my possession yet.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I bought one of these and bolted it to the bottom of the center console in my F150.
    Secure-It Large Pistol Security Box 9-1/2" x 6-1/2" x 1-3/4" Steel Black - MidwayUSA

Pretty solid and if you manage to mount it in a confined space (like I did) it will be very tough for a born loser to get a prying tool in to pop it loose.
    If you don't have a large center console, you can use the included cable to secure it to the frame underneath your seat.
    Not an ideal setup, but better than some.

Try to find a place that isn't 100% obvious to stick your lock box.
    Also make sure you don't have to do something that gives its location away when you lock your gun away, like open the trunk and fiddle around for a bit every time.

You could also look into those fake dashboard panels that are on a hinge.
    Some people conceal their expensive stereos that way, but you could just as easily slide one of those secure-it safes in there.
    Might be worth a shot.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I had a gun stolen out of my truck , so I also looked in to safes to put in my truck , I found a center console safe that replaced the inside of my center console and appeared to be stock until it was opened up , just my luck they didn't make them for my year.
    Figures the one time I left my gun in my truck at work some idiot decides to break into about 10 vehicles in the parking lot and mine was the last one , the minute he found a gun he left, all caught on video , and no I don't have my gun back in my possession yet.

Do you happen to have any info on this center console replacement?

Top Bottom