• ...and so much more!
  • theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    Ok so I finaly got the chance to get the latest build sighted in at 100 yards yesterday, but I want more. I was shooting remington umc 55grain the cheap $10 dollar a box stuff from wally world. Worked great at 100 yrds, but I want to go 400 - 500.

So what am I looking for in ammo
    Speed ?
    Grain ?
    I don't want hollow points for target shooting do I?
    I don't reload yet so I have to buy.

Its a 20 inch krieger with a 7.7 twist

Thanks

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Ok so I finaly got the chance to get the latest build sighted in at 100 yards yesterday, but I want more. I was shooting remington umc 55grain the cheap $10 dollar a box stuff from wally world. Worked great at 100 yrds, but I want to go 400 - 500.

So what am I looking for in ammo
    Speed ?
    Grain ?
    I don't want hollow points for target shooting do I?
    I don't reload yet so I have to buy.

Its a 20 inch krieger with a 7.7 twist

Thanks

With that twist rate you need FEDERAL GOLD MATCH 69 grains or 77 GRAINS also try PRVI PARTIZAN 75 grains:twocents:

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Try going to the bullet manufacturer sites and looking up the ballistic coefficient and sectional density on various bullets. You'll want the highest number possible for the best BC. Long range accuracy will require a heavier bullet, so 75 grain is probably what you will need to get it out on the target. Hornady Amax is a great bullet, so start there and see if you find better options (although I doubt you will). I purchased some Hornady AMax for my .280 Remington recently and had a heck of a time finding anyone who had them in stock. If you find 'em, buy 'em...I suspect people are filling their reloading cabinet to get themselves ready for the nice weather that is right around the corner, plus the best prairie dog shooting is only a month or so away.

Top Bottom