• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I just got home a little while ago from Hillside SS, just southwest of Ft. Wayne. It is a nice facility. I went with a buddy and we had certian things we wanted to accomplish. I needed to get my 44 mag Marlin back on the mark for deer season, as well as work on my longrange shooting. I learned what I needed on my 44. I got my 243 and my 300 wsm out. I zeroed at 200 yds and started working my way out. The 243 was good out to 300 yds, and I wanted to take it farther, but time was of the essence. The 300 wsm was working well today. I had some issues when I got to the 600 yd target, but after a bit, I got the head shot. Then, as the time was running out, we went to the 1000 yd. I got 2 hits on a 21" steel gong in less than 10 shots. I know this doesn't make me some sort of awesome marksman, but I am a little proud of myself. I know I have some work to do to be better. This is definitely not my last trip to Hillside. And thanks to Chris, the RO, I can now see a Savage 338 Lapua rifle in my future. Damn you Chris! Hillside is a good facility and very reasonable prices, $15 a day for nonmembers. Long range rifle range, pistol bays, clays area, etc. Maybe an INGO shoot at Hillside in the future?????? Just a thought..... Other than breaking a crowned tooth on some beefjerky it was a great day. I guess I'll be going to the dentist Monday to get whats left pulled. Thank goodness for narcotic painkillers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just got home a little while ago from Hillside SS, just southwest of Ft. Wayne. It is a nice facility. I went with a buddy and we had certian things we wanted to accomplish. I needed to get my 44 mag Marlin back on the mark for deer season, as well as work on my longrange shooting. I learned what I needed on my 44. I got my 243 and my 300 wsm out. I zeroed at 200 yds and started working my way out. The 243 was good out to 300 yds, and I wanted to take it farther, but time was of the essence. The 300 wsm was working well today. I had some issues when I got to the 600 yd target, but after a bit, I got the head shot. Then, as the time was running out, we went to the 1000 yd. I got 2 hits on a 21" steel gong in less than 10 shots. I know this doesn't make me some sort of awesome marksman, but I am a little proud of myself. I know I have some work to do to be better. This is definitely not my last trip to Hillside. And thanks to Chris, the RO, I can now see a Savage 338 Lapua rifle in my future. Damn you Chris! Hillside is a good facility and very reasonable prices, $15 a day for nonmembers. Long range rifle range, pistol bays, clays area, etc. Maybe an INGO shoot at Hillside in the future?????? Just a thought..... Other than breaking a crowned tooth on some beefjerky it was a great day. I guess I'll be going to the dentist Monday to get whats left pulled. Thank goodness for narcotic painkillers.
    Sounds like a nice facility! Is there anything similar (for long range shooting) closer to Indianapolis? I know about Atterbury, but their longest range is only 100 yds. And gotta agree about the painkillers... ;)

house_vicodin.jpg

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Sounds like a nice facility! Is there anything similar (for long range shooting) closer to Indianapolis? I know about Atterbury, but their longest range is only 100 yds. And gotta agree about the painkillers... ;)

house_vicodin.jpg

Nothing closer that I know of. However, it isn't a bad drive at all. It's only about 1-2 miles off of I-69. From Beech Grove it's just under 2 hours.

Top Bottom