• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    [video=youtube;Z7dLU6fk9QY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dLU6fk9QY[/video]
    Take heed INGO and listen to what the video says about our modern tech & social media.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wow! Haven't watched the second one yet but the first one has so many truths. This is the reason I deactivated my Facebook and I don't belong to Twitter, Instagram or a host of other sights.

I guess I am guilty of some of this as I am on this forum. But I have met people on this forum that have become my friends that I shoot with, eat with and even study the Bible with.

And if I get this job offer tomorrow and end up moving to the Bloomington area, I hope this forum helps me hook up with people down that way. Otherwise, my guns will become safe queens once again.

I think it is sad how people meet at coffee shops as groups and not even talk to one another.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Two sides of the same coin. Technology can help people connect where distance would otherwise keep them apart, prevent them from sharing. But technology can create a wedge that stunts our social growth, our ability to interact, hell, in some cases, our intelligence (I wonder just how many SAT essays actually include LOL). As with all things, moderation. Control the tool. Don't let it control you.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I get the 2nd videos points, but agree much more with first.

Yes, I'm just as guilty, I've passed up INGO meet & greets, & so much more. I did have dinner tonight with my family, including married son, daughter-in-law (for those that recall a past post, things are much better), & my 11-month old grandson.

PS: When he sees me & his face lights up, it's the BEST feeling, just makes any day much brighter.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I get the 2nd videos points, but agree much more with first.

Yes, I'm just as guilty, I've passed up INGO meet & greets, & so much more. I did have dinner tonight with my family, including married son, daughter-in-law (for those that recall a past post, things are much better), & my 11-month old grandson.

PS: When he sees me & his face lights up, it's the BEST feeling, just makes any day much brighter.

I tend to agree with the first video moreso than the second, but having said that, I "met" someone on the internet that lived in Australia. That online meeting led me to actually travel to Australia to meet them in person. Would that have happened without the internet? Extremely unlikely. I mean, how many people send letters to random people they've never met, halfway across the globe, on the off chance that that person will reply and start up a friendship or relationship? As with anything, moderation is the key. We can't simply ignore technology (at least most of us can't), but at the same time, we shouldn't, in my opinion, let it dominate our lives either.

Ralphie Parker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2013
    Waterloo
    Two sides of the same coin. Technology can help people connect where distance would otherwise keep them apart, prevent them from sharing. But technology can create a wedge that stunts our social growth, our ability to interact, hell, in some cases, our intelligence (I wonder just how many SAT essays actually include LOL). As with all things, moderation. Control the tool. Don't let it control you.

I agree with what you said here. I had to smile when I saw your post count though. :): I enjoy reading your posts. You look at things a different way than I and that makes me think sometimes.

Top Bottom