• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BHiland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Brazil
    I'm looking for a youth model 20ga field/turkey gun. I guess don't have to be youth model. I Have a kid I know interested in hunting and can't seem to find one in my area. Anyone seen any in store or any info on finding one?

Cheeki Breeki

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Muncie
    Ithaca makes a fine shotgun. I suggest looking into the M37 turkey slayer. If you would prefer a shorter length of pull and lighter overall weight they have a featherlite youth model too. A bit on the pricier spectrum as you could get 2-3 mossys for the price of one new M37, but they make a darn good hunting gun and their customer service is great. If you find one of the older Ithaca’s made in New York they generally fetch a cheaper price than the newer ones made in Ohio.

BHiland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Brazil
    Ithaca would be nice but not wanting to spend that much. He is new to hunting and I don't know if he will stick with it so I'm not wanting to drop that much $ at this time to find out he won't continue and sell it. Like to start out basic for now. He has a 22 but can't hunt much with that. A mossberg bantam or maverick 88 would be good to find.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    You should be able to buy the youth buttock separately, or a hacksaw shortens almost any wood stock. I'd find a good used affordable example of an 870, 500, Ithaca, win 1200, or one of the other common well though of pumps.

Top Bottom