• ...and so much more!
  • slyton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Albany
    Hello all,

I have been shooting sporting clays about once a month with a Benelli Nova. The people I shot with tell me I need to go to a semi to save my shoulder and prefect my form. The form comes form that after the shot I am already working the action for my next clay. I am not sure if I am buy into it, but I a semi is not a bad idea.

My question is with the amount i shoot, about 100 rds a month, do you think it is worth going over to a semi? And if I do what do you suggest, I don;t want to break the bank, everyone I talk to says I must get at least Remington 1100/11-87 or an Beretta AL 391 if i am to be taken seriously. I wouldn't mind a semi even if the amount i shot does not justify it at the moment. Input suggestions, all are welcomed.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Only you can answer weather it's worth it or not. Don't let gun sobs drive you to buy something that you may not want or can afford. Is a semi-auto, or even an O/U, shotgun better for sporting clays, yes. Do you need it? I started shooting Trap with a 1100 field gun. People told me I needed a real Trap gun and my gun shot too flat, etc, etc. Funny thing was I became just as good as they were with my "crappy" gun. When I started shooting competitively I went to a Trap Gun.

If you are having fun than why spend the coin? Again don't let the sobs drive you to do something.

Top Bottom