• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'd like to get an actual pair of shooting glasses. I'm just using cheap walmart sunglasses now. I thought of getting a pair of Oakleys, but I haven't been able to find a place to buy them.

What do you guys use, and where do you get them at?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I use clear Dewalt safety glasses I buy online for about $3@ when I buy by the case. They are surprisingly comfortable, cheap enough to have a bunch around, and reasonably scratch resistant. I also bought a dozen sunglasses of the same type and they've been all I've used for the last five years.

The site I order them from is on my other computer, but it wasn't hard to find with a google search.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Shooting Glasses

I use my prescription glasses now but in the day I used an array of diff. types
    If you are set on Oakley and you have a friend who is LEO, Military they offer hugh discounts for them. Good luck in whatever you choose.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I use my prescription glasses now but in the day I used an array of diff. types
    If you are set on Oakley and you have a friend who is LEO, Military they offer hugh discounts for them. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Don't know about LEOs but military discount is 50%. There are alot of good shooting glasses out there without paying the premium price for Oakleys. If you are set on Oakleys then go to their websight. Cabelas also carry them if you have one nearby.

Oakley - The Official Site[Oakleyproducts]
    Cabela's: Search Results

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Wal-Mart has safety glasses for $4.99. Comes in many shades, and these low prices you can afford to get a few pairs for different lighting conditions.

choppers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    I bought a pair of Ducks Unlimited shooting glasses from a Matco tool man. They came with a bunch of different colored lenses & a nice carry pouch to keep them in that kept the lenses apart. I thought it was a good deal for $32 but later i found them on internet for same price. Oh well they are still nice & the nose piece is very comfortable.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I bought a pair of Ducks Unlimited shooting glasses from a Matco tool man. They came with a bunch of different colored lenses & a nice carry pouch to keep them in that kept the lenses apart. I thought it was a good deal for $32 but later i found them on internet for same price. Oh well they are still nice & the nose piece is very comfortable.

I am a Matco tool man and I sold quite a few of those DU glasses.

Also, every Matco tool man is an Oakley dealer. I sell a lot of them too..

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've used all different kinds-- from simple clear safety glasses, to the cheapie "designer-ish" safety glasses, to $3 sunglasses, to Oakleys.

When I needed to retire my Oakleys, I stupidly bought an entire box of cheapies for $30. I'll be upgrading back to Oakleys soon.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i love my oakleys(i still have my first pair of blades from 21 years ago, and yes i still wear them on the range! anlong with 4 sets of lenses clear,yellow,black and fire iridium now they r vintage and sell for a lot on ebay)

but if you want oakleys check out the knob creek machine gun shoot, at the fall 09 shoot the had the ballistic arrays for 60.00 new(2 lenses clear and black and a hard case)

OR if you get lucky like i did check the surplus stores, at real army surplus in evansville i got a used set of ballistic arrays for $15.00, they had a broken lens clip, bad nose piece and a horribly scratched clear lens, BUT a like new black lens a spare nose piece with a hard case) after $4.95 on ebay i had a brand new locking clip for the lens and for 20.98 i had a great pair of oakley 1st gen m frame ballistic arrays :):

Top Bottom