• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Don't know if this is the right place for this but after searching the threads this thread seems to be where the chicken talk happens.

I am on the Eastside of Indy in Irvington and I am looking for some fresh eggs. I am not looking to travel too far. I searched Craigslist and everything seems way too far for weekly eggs. The Cumberland Farmers market was closed today due to paving and I had hoped to find some there. Some of the local markets say they have them but I am looking for the real thing from someone that knows what they are doing and has good layers.

Anyone on the Eastside with some eggs to sell? or is there a market you would suggest with real deal eggs? Do you have a good source? Thanks for the info.

Part of my prepping is to get out of Indy as soon as I can (within 2 ish years) and find some land, grow some food, and raise some chickens but for now I am sitting in the concrete jungle dreaming of eggs. I know I can have them here in Indy but my house and yard will not work. naptownchickens.org has some good info for city folk but I can't make it happen now.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Daves meat market in Greenfield has em. And he has some KICK ASS chicken salad and bacon as well. Not to mention ground beef that is 10x better then walmart.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Don't know if this is the right place for this but after searching the threads this thread seems to be where the chicken talk happens.

I am on the Eastside of Indy in Irvington and I am looking for some fresh eggs. I am not looking to travel too far. I searched Craigslist and everything seems way too far for weekly eggs. The Cumberland Farmers market was closed today due to paving and I had hoped to find some there. Some of the local markets say they have them but I am looking for the real thing from someone that knows what they are doing and has good layers.

Anyone on the Eastside with some eggs to sell? or is there a market you would suggest with real deal eggs? Do you have a good source? Thanks for the info.

Part of my prepping is to get out of Indy as soon as I can (within 2 ish years) and find some land, grow some food, and raise some chickens but for now I am sitting in the concrete jungle dreaming of eggs. I know I can have them here in Indy but my house and yard will not work. naptownchickens.org has some good info for city folk but I can't make it happen now.

Is this a short-term search or a long-term supplier issue?

I have got to be closer to Irvington than Greenfield and I have 3 Barred Rock layers with some Rhode Island REds who will be starting to lay in another month or so.

Outta curiosity, why is it that your property won't work? While we have over a half acre, our chickens take up all of 63 square feet of space.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    There is a house on the N side of Thompson Road, 4 or 5 houses West of 5 Points, that has a "Fresh Eggs" sign in the yard. (About 2.5 mi E of Emerson)

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks for all the good info folks. I will be traveling for the holiday but will check all these out next week.

And to the house and yard won't work issue, I live on a hill and on a corner. I do have a side "yard" that could work but it is very small and my two neighbors are within about a foot of where I could put the coop. I really can't put a coop outside their kitchen window. I would like to but just can't. I also travel for work a lot right now and being away for 3 or 4 days at a time would not be good with chickens.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Head a bit farther east and ON Fortville Pike, just south of W. 500 N (before the wicked curve) on the west side of the road is a house that sells em. I have gotten eggs from them before, though it's been a while. I believe the guys name is Pete?

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Go to the Irvington farmers market.

On Saturday morning, go to the Cumberland farmer's market at the cumberland gov building.

Top Bottom