• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wcmuseum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    I hope this is the correct place to put this, but I was wondering if there was anyone here that would be interested and "qualified" to be a speaker at our event. On Saturday, July 16 and Sunday, July 17, the Whitley County Historical Museum in Columbia City (up by Fort Wayne) is hosting a Survival Expo. We are looking for speakers for this event. Some topics we don't have covered and are looking for are topics like: BUG OUT BAG \\ MARTIAL ARTS \\ COMMUNICATIONS \\ NAVIGATION \\ FIRE & STONE TOOLS \\WATER COLLECTING \\ GARDENING \\ HOMESTEADING \\ LOCK-PICKING along with others. This would be for a grid down/shtf type situation. So far we have a firearms expert, a plants expert for this area teaching about plants as medicinal/food, we have someone doing paracord bracelet/gadget making, and a grid down medical and first aid speaker. Does anyone have any ideas or know anyone that would be interested in doing something like this. We are a non profit, but we have to charge a $10 admission fee to cover the costs of this event thus far so big speakers would probably be out of the question. We were looking for more local experts. And as for topics, those aren't the only topics we'd be interested in. We've seen some beekeeping speakers and rabbit raising, power sources and things like that too. Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance! In case you wanted to get an idea about the event, the link for the website for it is:Whitley County Survival Expo The site is a work in progress...so be gentle. :)

Wcmuseum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    Looking forward to seeing you there Fireball! Thank you! As for the qualifications, it's just more along the lines of someone who has been doing their craft for a good period of time and is able to talk on it. Sometimes the best speakers are terrible at their craft and other times the worst speakers are who you'd want to be partnered up along with if the shtf. So basically, someone that's good at their craft and doesn't mind speaking on it is kinda what we're looking for. The lady doing the plants does an amazing presentation. All the time you hear about people getting lost in the woods and are near starving, I never knew how many plants are edible and also could be used for medicine!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I will let jim know about your event and put him in contact with you. Not sure if he is booked for that date yet but he does training seminars all over and is published in most of the survival magazines out currently. You can take a look at his groups website for further information at American Survivor - Live Free USA

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have no official qualifications but I can speak well (I think) on the topic of bug out bags OR risk assessment for survival.

I would put myself WAY down the list of speakers hoping you would find folks that have experienced such events, but if you become desperate I would be happy to help.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom