• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    Hello, I bought a HK VP9L on here and finally took it shooting and realized my rear sight is super loose and slides back and forth with ease. I called HK and they said I could mail it in but can take 2-4 weeks repair time and I cover shipping both ways.

Is this something I can fix myself? I’m somewhat mechanically inclined and can build a AR lol.

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 0A161242-EF28-43AD-9C48-83F3DB8779DD.jpeg
      0A161242-EF28-43AD-9C48-83F3DB8779DD.jpeg
      536.3 KB · Views: 23

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Drift out the rear sight and use a small punch to put a few very light divots into the sight's dovetail (not the slide). I've fixed a few loose mil-surp rifle sights this way.

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I had the same issue with my Glock 23 night sight... I used loctite ORANGE on the slide and on the sight (base and sides) I installed it, cleaned the residues and let it sit (for a few days since I switch from one to another EDC gun) and still good !

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Tighten the set screws?
    Exactly! The little holes next to the U notch on the top are the tapped threads for the set screws. Remove them. Clean with acetone. Apply a nice drop of Loctite Blue. If you don't have any and you are close to Kokomo, I have a nice yard barn that is ye olde shoppe of gun plumbing (I'm a multi facet armorer) and I will fix for Mountain Dew.

31ST MEUSOC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2023
    PA
    I would send it in to HK they will most likely replace with new just be patient let them do it so you dont good warranty.

Top Bottom