• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I have a Lorcin Model L380 Any info on this gun I know it shoots ok and that's about it. is it worth selling or trading in for something else I'm wanting a 9mm
    I already have a Sig 230 and love it.
    Thanks

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Sig 230 and a Lorcin? That's a hell of a dychotemy! Anyhoo. I'd keep the Lorcin for a glovebox/tacklebox gun. Lots of them aren't very dependable, hence the derision from the others. That said, if one gets a few scratches in the glovebox, no big deal. Mine has yet to fail or misfeed, but I'd rather carry a 230 any day of the week.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That's like having a Yugo and a Mercedes. The Yugo will pretty much get you where you're going, but, well, it's a Yugo. I have a Sig 230, so I know what you're talking about there. Raven, Bryco, Lorcin, Jennings, Jimenez etc. are called the "ring of fire" for some reason. They're all related and share common designs. Saturday night specials at their most basic. One will manufacture for a while, until they get in too much trouble, then disappear only for the same products to come out under a different name. The Raven .25 is what Don Davis (Don's Guns) was giving out free many years ago with the purchase of something real. We used to joke they were almost as dangerous to the target as to the operator. There's really nothing inherently wrong with them; they're just meant to be cheap, so you can't really expect much.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    That's like having a Yugo and a Mercedes. The Yugo will pretty much get you where you're going, but, well, it's a Yugo. I have a Sig 230, so I know what you're talking about there. Raven, Bryco, Lorcin, Jennings, Jimenez etc. are called the "ring of fire" for some reason. They're all related and share common designs. Saturday night specials at their most basic. One will manufacture for a while, until they get in too much trouble, then disappear only for the same products to come out under a different name. The Raven .25 is what Don Davis (Don's Guns) was giving out free many years ago with the purchase of something real. We used to joke they were almost as dangerous to the target as to the operator. There's really nothing inherently wrong with them; they're just meant to be cheap, so you can't really expect much.
    you left out RG & DAVIS:D

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Yes I love my Sig, its what I carry. As for the Lorcin thanks for the info guess I'll hang on to it. I got it from a friend many years ago that was in desperate need of money and got it dirt cheep. it was prior to the Sig :dunno:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Lorcins are sold in dime stores, 6 to a blister pack.

Had a .25 caliber Lorcin given to me by a friend. Even with the instructions in front of me, I couldn't disassemble the effing POS. I gave it back.

Definitely a throw-down weapon.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ok...I had a Yugo, and it was a really good car, til I made the last payment, and then it threw a rod, so traded it for $100, and a Marlin 60...good trade!!

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    I had a guy that wanted to sell me a Lorcin for $100. I passed and was going to offer him $50 for it. Lo and behold he sold it within an hour to another guy for $100. The buyer has a lot of firearms and thought it was a great deal. Maybe I should try selling him my Mosin for $200.

Top Bottom