Losing an old friend but is going to a good home.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    picture.php

Going to pass on my Mossberg 12 ga to my nefew for his 18th bday (no children of my own).
    Bought this gun when I was 18 almost 30 years ago. It is the first gun I ever owned. Going to be sad to lose it, but happy to see the next generation get some of the enjoyment I got out of it over the years.
    A few groundhogs and a whole lot of bunnies met their demise at the business end of this shotgun.
    I know it's nothing fancy but it's still special to me.

Last edited:

coorslight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Carver. MA.
    I gave a .22 rifle, and 3 shotguns that have been in the family along time, on to my Nephew over the years, he is now 35 with kids of his own. Even though I have kids of my own they will get plenty of mt guns when I kick the bucket. Always a nice gesture to give.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That's a great gift. It's passing on a piece of you and it's good to know that it will see many more good hunts.

A couple years back I passed on my first muzzleloader to my best friend's son. He was 23 when I gave it to him. When he was 12 years old, he shot his first deer with it, it was a very nice 8-point buck. You should have seen the look on his face when he opened the original box, and realized what was inside.

Last edited:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I have this exact same gun that I got at the old Service Merchandise in Greenwood. I got it from my first summer job in like 1985 or 86. It was my first gun purchase, but not my first gun, for my 16th birthday my parents got me an HR single shot 20ga. I still have both :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Very cool! I plan on passing down a gun or two to my own nephew one day (he's 9). According to my sister, he's already a "gun nut" thanks to me. :D

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    I think you waited to long to give the kid a gun.

Would have maybe given him one sooner, but his parents though not anti gun wouldn't have felt comfortable having guns in the house since the youngest is a special needs child and already gets into things he shouldn't get into.
    When I told them about wanting to pass on this gun to my oldest nephew they felt comfortable with that since they felt he was old enough and responsible enough to keep his special needs brother away from it.
    I know the gun could have been kept locked up but if it's always gonna be kept locked up it might as well have stayed with me where it could have at least seen the light of day now and then. Plus I felt it was a good present for him becoming a legal adult.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom