• ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    There is a gun show this weekend in Louisville.​

Has anyone attended these before? How do they compare to the Indy1500?

Here are the details:
    Oct. 29-30
    Louisville Gun Show
    Kentucky Fair & Exposition Center West Hall A&B
    Sat 9am – 5pm, Sun 9am – 4pm

You can get a $1 off coupon here:
    Rk $1 Coupon

Thanks in advance for letting me know how the show is...:patriot:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've not been in years, since the days of the $79 SKSs, it was great back then, but several buddies of mine went last year and said there were a LOT of way over priced items there, and none of them bought anything, but all in all it was a good time just walking around looking at stuff.

BrentTheBoat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Columbus
    I went last year and it wasn't as big as i thought it would be and alot of the guns where high, sorry can't compare it to the indy 1500 since haven't been to it.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I'd take the Louisville Show over other shows any day of the year.

Plenty of room to walk between tables,
    Have not heard of vehicles getting broken into.
    ( I'm sure it happens, just don't hear about it here in Greenwood)
    Lots and lots of guns and related equipment to look at.

You should try to make it at least once, I think you would enjoy it.

You will see a large amount of guys bringing guns into sell.
    I did not think the prices were out of line on what I was interested in.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I've been many shows in Louisville. They have all been pretty good with lots of guns for good prices. There is usually quite a bit of security there, so I have not seen any problems. I wish I could make it there this weekend. I try to avoid going across the river ever since they closed to main bridge over the Ohio River. Traffic is a B****!!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    If it's the National Gun Day show, it's usually good, went to the last show advertised on the bill boards around town.........sucked

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    I've been the last 3 years at least once per year. It is my favorite show. Really 3 shows in one, you will find military surplus, American historical firearms, and modern weapons. It is not as large as Tulsa but I've found more guns and deals there than anywhere else. It is a gun show however, so if you are going for dirt cheap bargins you should look elswhere.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    I' ve been going since I was in my teens. Prices are okay but when you factor $8.00 parking, $10.00 entry and $15.00 or more transfer fee. Maybe not so much of a bargain?
    It is fun to spend time browsing.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Yea parking is $8, admission is either $10 or $12. so you are out $20 before you even see the first gun. Be prepared for traffic delays because the bridge is closed. Its not even close to the 1500 as far as size. Some dealers are ok. Once I traded a kimber for a colt and the guy later tracked me down and said he changed his mind. What an ass. I left with the colt.
    I wouldn't drive from indy for it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yea parking is $8, admission is either $10 or $12. so you are out $20 before you even see the first gun. Be prepared for traffic delays because the bridge is closed. Its not even close to the 1500 as far as size. Some dealers are ok. Once I traded a kimber for a colt and the guy later tracked me down and said he changed his mind. What an ass. I left with the colt.
    I wouldn't drive from indy for it.
    I live just a few miles from it, but have to agree that $20.00 before one gets into the door is a rip off. As an Indiana resident, I can't buy any guns from private individuals there and if from a dealer, I have to have handguns transferred to an Indiana FFL.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I dont think this weekend is the big one with the Military Gun show, but is still worth going to, IMO. And I don't mind paying the price for parking/admission, still cheap for a good afternoon of fun! How can walking around looking/handlilng firearms NOT be fun? I was just over for the Machine Gun Shoot so I have to watch my trips to Louisville lest my lovely wife start asking questions!

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I decided to go to the show. I have some family nearby so I wasn't traveling just for the show.

Overall, this one wasn't as big as the 1500. I was alone so had some good time to browse and just enjoy.

The admission doesn't bother me but the $8 to park is ridiculous. I know they're trying to recoup money supposedly from the Yum! Center stealing some of their income but give me a break. I'd say they'll sart losing events if that keeps up.

Bought only a bipod and a derogatory Obama sticker.

Found a good deal on a potential HD shotgun, best I've seen for a while but with a pistol grip. I wasn't willing to deal with any transfers so the deal wasn't for me. Seems like there'd be some folks who could do the transfer right there but maybe that's against the law to be an FFL in two bordering states. Maybe it's sn opportunity for me down there. :rolleyes:

Overall I enjoyed myself; any gunshow is enjoyable to me I guess.

Thanks again everyone for the input and opinions. :yesway:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I decided to go to the show. I have some family nearby so I wasn't traveling just for the show.

Overall, this one wasn't as big as the 1500. I was alone so had some good time to browse and just enjoy.

The admission doesn't bother me but the $8 to park is ridiculous. I know they're trying to recoup money supposedly from the Yum! Center stealing some of their income but give me a break. I'd say they'll sart losing events if that keeps up.

Bought only a bipod and a derogatory Obama sticker.

Found a good deal on a potential HD shotgun, best I've seen for a while but with a pistol grip. I wasn't willing to deal with any transfers so the deal wasn't for me. Seems like there'd be some folks who could do the transfer right there but maybe that's against the law to be an FFL in two bordering states. Maybe it's sn opportunity for me down there. :rolleyes:

Overall I enjoyed myself; any gunshow is enjoyable to me I guess.

Thanks again everyone for the input and opinions. :yesway:
    Glad you had a good time! Thanks for the report!

ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I was out there on Saturday myself, normally I can get some deals on ammo from time to time. But as you mentioned no one seems to want to deal with transfers for IN so searching for a firearm from one of the dealers is waste of my time. Though I did take my wife with me to she would get some ideas and be able to handle a few before we get her a new one.

When the show is located in the West Wing like this one, it tends to be a bit smaller, but when they are located in South Wing there is a lot more vendors out there and a lot more deals to be had. The $8 parking is pain, use to be just $6 but the fairgrounds raised that since Yum Center was going in.

Top Bottom