• Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    IN has no "reciprocity agreements" with anyone;

*ahem*

(O.K., O.K., the way it had to be done, it was more of a proclamation, geez).

What about Indiana's agreement with Texas? That was carried forward by a dashing, suave young man who is a great dancer and a sharp dresser . . . so I've heard.:D

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/Indianaproclamation.pdf

What happened to Indiana only recognizing states that recognize Indiana's LTCH?

Ummm, Indiana has had universal recognition of all states and all foreign countries for nearly 30 years.

If you are upset that you cannot carry in Ohio (I have a brother in Pittsburgh so I am driving across I-70 several times a year), you need to get a Florida license and . . . carry on.:D

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I did say that you can't OC in a vehicle without a permit.

I also said it was bass-ackwards and confusing. It seems handgunlaw.us contradicts itself, unless the "lawful purpose" means putting it away until you get out and can OC outside of your vehicle again.

I could be wrong, IANAL, and everyone should know by now to do their own due diligence.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    *ahem*

What about Indiana's agreement with Texas? That was carried forward by a dashing, suave young man who is a great dancer and a sharp dresser . . . so I've heard.:D

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/Indianaproclamation.pdf

Ummm, Indiana has had universal recognition of all states and all foreign countries for nearly 30 years.

If you are upset that you cannot carry in Ohio (I have a brother in Pittsburgh so I am driving across I-70 several times a year), you need to get a Florida license and . . . carry on.:D

I believe I did address most of these points in post #11 that you quoted, Kirk... Admittedly, I did not comment on the "sharp dresser" or "great dancer", not having any knowledge base on which to make such comments, but I did give you credit for making that recognition of the IN LTCH in Texas happen. Sheesh... some guys... ;)

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    If I'm not mistaken, Indiana does honor Ohio's license because it is the same as any license to us. Ohio does NOT honor our license because they require their citizens to take courses prior to receiving a license and they would be significantly contradictory in their intent if they allowed other states who do not require classes to carry on their land while forcing their own citizens to participate in safety classes first...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The fact that Ohio gets to enjoy their freedom here but denies us our freedom there.
    I think you're confusing OH citizens with OH government.

I'm sure OH citizens would love to see all state LTCH's recognize, but the simple fact is that carry firearms freely is a relatively new thing. Up until a few years ago, they were restricted heavily by all sorts of messed up restrictions etc. So they have their own battles to fight. It isn't the citizens that refuse our right to carry when we go to OH, so why should they be punished when they come here?

BTW, you can get a Utah non-res license and that will allow you to carry in OH.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I was rootin' around on the net and came across this that I copied to post here,

Indiana honors all other states handgun licenses. Not all other states honor Indiana’s
    license. Websites and organizations such as the NRA do attempt to track this
    information. Each state regulates this area differently and there is no obligation for one
    state to notify another state of any change in their law; therefore the department does
    not attempt to track this information.

IN.gov: Home

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009

I've forwarded this to 10 Downing Street. The Prime Minister has been curious and might like a word with you regarding your exploits in that area between the Red river and the Rio Grande.
    YouTube - ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man (music video)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've forwarded this to 10 Downing Street. The Prime Minister has been curious and might like a word with you regarding your exploits in that area between the Red river and the Rio Grande.

My exploits? You mean like having adventures like driving around in a rental car, eating at Mamacita's in Kerrville, almost hitting an Axis deer on I-10 and going to gun school?

Box 500 (MI5) knows what I am doing. After all, they sent me. Just don't tell anyone.:cool:

Axis Deer sent by SPECTRE to eliminate Agent Freeman:

trophy-axis-deer.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    *ahem*

It seems you are confusing a Tejas proclamation with IN law. :D TX may have a proclamation stating that IN LTCH are valid there and I thank you for your efforts to put that in place. But unless you show a similar one from the IN legislature you are in violation of Kirks first law. And as punishment for that being the originator/named person of the law you now owe Rhino a train car of .45 acp ammo. Which might cancel out what he owe you.

I also said it was bass-ackwards and confusing. It seems handgunlaw.us contradicts itself, unless the "lawful purpose" means putting it away until you get out and can OC outside of your vehicle again.

Hangunlaw.us doesn't contradict itself. OH has laws on how you can legally transport a firearm in a vehicle if you have a license/permit that they honor. They list the restrictions. Unlike IN where if you have a LTCH or a license/permit from another place you can carry how you like including it sitting on the seat next to you, on the dash, stuffed under the seat or tapped to your forehead OH regulates how you have to carry it.

It may be a bit confusing but it is not inaccurate or contradictory.

I want it's head on my wall. And INGO needs a drool smiley.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    No, Tejas has a statute in place which permits such proclamations. It uses "Yeeeeehaw" instead of "Whereas" though.

No, no, no. "Yeeeeehaw" is the final statement, sort of like "so it is written". "Hey y'all" is in place of "whereas".

*Displaced Texan*

As far as the OH statutes are concerned, I will admit that the guide the OH AG has put out states that if you don't have a license it must be unloaded in your vehicle, but you can mount a holster in plain view on your console or dash and keep it there until you're ready to exit your vehicle. Lot of good that'll do if you actually need it while in your car, but it's better than nothing.

Here is where I got that info

Top Bottom