LTCH Did your Sheriff/Police Office Electronically file for you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I have previously applied on-line, and had L1 do the fingerprinting, and then this morning I went in to the Bartholomew County Sheriff's department this morning to pay the $50 and complete my application. The lady told me that I needed to come back and pick up my completed application in a few days and that I would be on my own to mail it in to the State, but they would give me an envelope. Is this normal? What the hell good is being able to apply on-line if I still have to go the the Sheriff's department twice and snail-mail the thing to Indy?

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    All I had to do to receive mine was apply online and go into the sheriff's department the next day. There, I got my fingerprinting done the old way with ink and the sheriff that thought it was necessary to try to break my fingers. After fingerprinting was done, I paid them the local fees and they handed an envelope to me in which I had to place all the documents in, along with a money order, and snail-mail it in.

Foxfire

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Seymour
    Sounds about right. Except for the second trip. Sheriff or who ever may not have been in the office.
    Hope you got the Lifetime CCW.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Marion County handles mailing it off to the state. Each county handles it however they see fit.

Agreed. I hope you got the lifetime LTCH. If you got a CCW you're in another state :D

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I am trying to get the lifetime permit to carry a handgun. Did I say something that would allude people otherwise? I thought that LTCH was short for "Life Time permit to Carry Handgun". Is that not the case?

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    I applied at the Sheriff's dept for a life time license. Everything was done in one trip and all I had to do was mail the paperwork with a money order to the state. About 5 weeks later I recieved my license. Total time spent at the sheriff's dept was less than an hour including the finger-printing.

Silvertree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    I applied online and went in for my L1 fingerprinting. They must have did it all online because I filled in the paper work on Sat, got fingerprinted on Tues, and had it in hand Thursday.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Did mine at the Columbus PD, went in and got the app, filled it out, called back a couple days later for my fingerprint appointment, got my prints done, paid them their money, got all the forms and an envelope to put the MO in and send to the state, had my LTCH maybe... 4 weeks later?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Cathy didn't get any forms back from CPD after she did the L1 thing. Crawfordsville PD sent it on electronically. Surprisingly painless.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Worst part of mine was finding someone that could actually help me. After I got someone at the front desk, she had to check to see if there was an officer that wasn't busy and could come take care of the fingerprints. Gotta love living in a small town.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Noblesville PD made it easy as pie. Fill everything out online, go get finger prints (the next day) immediately after fingerprints drive straight to NPD and pay local. 1 week later, PINK CARD!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    All I had to do to receive mine was apply online and go into the sheriff's department the next day. There, I got my fingerprinting done the old way with ink and the sheriff that thought it was necessary to try to break my fingers. After fingerprinting was done, I paid them the local fees and they handed an envelope to me in which I had to place all the documents in, along with a money order, and snail-mail it in.

Exactly the same procedure I went through with the Columbus Police Department.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    Yeah, sounds like CPD is a little more on top of things than the Sheriffs department. I plan on going in to try and get my application back tomorrow. Wish me luck.

dg101win

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    North Central In.
    Here in Howard Co. it was very easy. Applied online one day and went in to the Sheriffs office the next day. Got fingerprinted,put all the paperwork and a money order in the envelope and mailed it.
    The wife and I received the permits in about 6 weeks,this was back in the spring.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    Ok, I haven't hadn't had a chance this week to go back into the Sherriff's department and get my application (like the not-so-friendly receptionist told me I would have to do) so that I could snail mail it in. Well, yesterday when I got home and got my mail, there was the pink card. Apparently they do submit their stuff electronically. It was basically 1 week from the time I payed the $50 to the sheriffs department till I had the card in the mail.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I was the first to do so in Ft. Wayne online the first day it was available (so I was told by the nice police lady) just had to bring in my self addressed envelopes, payment & fingerprinting & got my lifetime LTCH in 5 or 6 weeks (this was during the high number of applications at the first of the year).

Top Bottom