M&P15-22LR Needs Rail Covers? Scope? Suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Just picked up a new "plinker this weekend at the Duneland Gun Show at the Expo Center. Still waiting on delivery of the Kel-Tec Sub 2000.

Anyway, I would like to put rail covers on the front of this and I know everyone has an opinion out there as to "what is best"

I'm looking for some opinions as to suggested covers (I am looking at the 2" set of 12 from UTG, but Hate that they plaster their logo on each piece) at this point. Does anyone prefer the 2" to the full length covers?

As to the scope, I am looking REALLY basic and cheap.. (come on, after all its a polymer gun and for fun anyway...) I dont want to put a 200 dollar scope on a 400 dollar plinker. Thinking maybe a basic 4x30 NcStar Barska, or Simmons.... want to keep it under 40 bucks for the scope. Any experiences or opinions on these...??

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions...
    IN_Sheepdog

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UTG covers make any gun they're on look like garbage, IMO. I'd stick with covers from Magpul, like ladders, XT, or XTm (these are good if you like smaller modular pieces).

For a scope, check out Primary Arms' offerings.

Here is a well-done one:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...irst_rifle_m_and_p_15-22_moe_with_extras.html

100_7271.jpg

Last edited:

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    I would check out the covers made by Troy they are pretty good looking and cheap like 20 for 3 covers as for the scope Primary Arms or a Vortex just my 2cents

Top Bottom