• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I have both assuming you are talking about the M&P-22. They are both pretty great guns.

The 10-22 I think is more accurate. Functions well with all ammo I have ever put through mine. It is a better rifle to mount a scope on IMHO. Good to start with a basic model and then you can buy endless upgrades. They can be made to be real tack drivers. Make it lighter, different stocks, better triggers, barrels...etc etc. It has been around forever all kinds of aftermarket support and accessories. They even make stocks and other parts to make it tacticool or look like a fancy sniper rifle. They even made full auto ones at some point$$$

The M&P15-22 is great too. Fun to shoot, reasonably accurate. More of a plinker IMO. It's a little more picky on ammo. Mine likes Federal 550 bulk packs from Walmart. At least it likes cheap ammo. It hates Remington golden bullets. It is a great gun fun to trick out like a M4. It is a little smaller than a real AR, but not so much you really notice. Really fun to shoot/train rather than .223 in an AR. Quad rail hand guard easy to mount lights, lasers red dots or whatever. I got the MOE version with all the Magpul goodies on it. If you want that stuff it's cheaper to buy the MOE rather than get all the accessories later. Every time I let someone else shoot it they say they want to get one.

I say get both. If I wanted to make a real accurate rifle 10-22 if you are just looking to take out a bunch of beer cans M&P 15-22. I don't think you could go wrong with either. Everybody loves 22's

Hope that helps...I want a GSG MP5 next for the 22 arsenal.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I think the S&W MP15-22 would make an excellent trainer. Some good fun at the range, most parts interchangeable with AR parts (meaning furniture).

The 10/22 is a legend, yes they have changed it several times (to save money)
    but the gun is meant to last. Aftermarket parts are unlimited and its a .22 that will last generation after generation.

They are reliable, fun and cheap to shoot-
    The only down side to the 10/22 is that if your not careful you can sink a ton of cash into it.

I have shot the MP15-22 but never owned one-still I had a blast at the range!
    I have owned several 10/22's and love to tinker with them.
    That usually means spending money and upgrading, upgrading, upgrading...

I think both would be fun to have-
    Still with that in mind, I have never purchased the S&W.

If I had to choose one...I would go with the Ruger...
    Thats just me...
    My:twocents:

Top Bottom