Plymouth
    Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Just an after thought....will this work?
    Amazon.com: UTG Model 47 Side Folding Stock Adaptor: Sports & Outdoors_

Then i could mount a pignose adaptor to the trunnion like this one?

STOCK CAR15 PIGNOSE ADAPTER-SAIGA/AK47 - $18.95

Pignose....................... $18.95
    UTG Folding mechanism $17.95
    ................................._________
    ...................................$36.90

The ace folding mechanism is $75.00

Would the UTG folding mechanism with the pignose adaptor work just as good?

That would "work," but the hinge would be extended past the rear of the gun by the depth of the pig nose and/or the length of the male threads on the adaptor.... it would look a little funny to me, and who knows where the the stock would be when folded? The Ace solution is a known quantity; the UTG/pignose combo is ???

Given the choice between Ace and UTG, I'd go with Ace every time and, in your case, it would not only be stronger it would also look better (IMO)

I don't remember if you're planning to add an optic or not. If you are, you might want to take a hard look at getting a Magpul MOE or CTR. Magpul makes a cheek riser that will put your eye back in line with an optic and I find that an AR stock on an AK really needs a riser to be usable.

Last edited:

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    That would "work," but the hinge would be extended past the rear of the gun by the depth of the pig nose and/or the length of the male threads on the adaptor.... it would look a little funny to me, and who knows where the the stock would be when folded? The Ace solution is a known quantity; the UTG/pignose combo is ???

Given the choice between Ace and UTG, I'd go with Ace every time and, in your case, it would not only be stronger it would also look better (IMO)

Ya i didn't think about it sticking out farther. It would look pretty weird. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. The ace it is....

mammynun, my project should be done in about 2 weeks if your still interested in seeing the final result.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Ya i didn't think about it sticking out farther. It would look pretty weird. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. The ace it is....

mammynun, my project should be done in about 2 weeks if your still interested in seeing the final result.

Yeah, I really want to see the barrel extension. I'm not going to "rifle-ize" my Draco, but I though about it for a while! I was going to do the Ace folder with a MOE on the back, and a 2" bbl extension and a http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...=kx3556p&cat=141&page=1&search=&since=&status= silver soldered onto the front. When I added up the costs involved, I decided I'd get an AK-74 instead. I could have modded my Draco cheaper, but the way I wanted it to look was as expensive as a new rifle, and I wanted a 5.45x39 anyway! :)

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Yeah, I really want to see the barrel extension. I'm not going to "rifle-ize" my Draco, but I though about it for a while! I was going to do the Ace folder with a MOE on the back, and a 2" bbl extension and a http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...=kx3556p&cat=141&page=1&search=&since=&status= silver soldered onto the front. When I added up the costs involved, I decided I'd get an AK-74 instead. I could have modded my Draco cheaper, but the way I wanted it to look was as expensive as a new rifle, and I wanted a 5.45x39 anyway! :)

Thats what i'm doing, (Moe with ace folder)

Have you seen the the muzzle brake i'm going to use? i decided not to buy the 2" extension with my Razr. Instead i'm going to sell the Razr and buy this....
    US Machinegun: 5.5" Ported Muzzle Brake for AK-47 14 x1 LH, AK-47 PARTS & MAGAZINES, AK-5010

Looks ok with it on as a pistol, but i think i'll look badass with it on as a rifle.

This is pretty much what it'll look like when finished...
    aaaaaa.jpg

Top Bottom