• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    been working on mine alot lately and i have a question about the top cover plunger pin..... is that plunger spring loaded? doesnt look like it is anything like the bulg or russians im not sure if it could take a spring loaded plunger its got me scratching my head

never mind found my answer and installed it today

Last edited:

petronea

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    omn what sight did u see these krink kits... i click on your link and get a search page from a gun forum...no kit
    please help if u can
    thanks

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    welcome to INGO.

Odds are most of these kits are completely sold out. That said do a web search for M92 kit, or M85 kit and see what you find.

AKS-74U

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Speaking of PAP pistols, many discussions online have mentioned the location of the serial number on the left side of the receiver near the rear trunnion. It's in the way for folks that want to put a folding stock on for an SBR conversion. The takeaway I saw on that topic is that if you're manufacturing a Title II SBR then you will be adding a serial number and creating a new firearm and the old firearm no longer exists once you register it, so the old serial number didn't matter so much (YMMV). That may be true, or maybe it can still be a problem for some.

Anyway, I went to the gun shop (here in Arizona) yesterday and saw that the M92 pistols they had now had the serial number on the left side of the receiver, at the front. So the area where the underfolder parts go is clear. So I got all excited and started looking around online for the best price. I found one at a better price and started getting my ducks in a row to order it (pick a local FFL, etc.), and then I realized something. The new location for the serial number is now in the way of the latch for a left-side folding stock, like an AKS-74U or AK100 has. That type of folding stock wouldn't be authentic to the Serbian M92, but I think it's more ergonomic so if were to pursue a Serbian Krink I'd want to have the option if basing it on a PAP pistol.

I was originally look at the subject M92 parts kits to build my own Krinkov, but then I started thinking about how the PAP pistols are already built and would make a good base. Then the serial number issue came up and I was thinking maybe it wasn't the better option. If you're having a 07 FFL do the SBR work then they can probably deal with the serial number issue. Or, if you're going to bolt on an aftermarket stock like an ACE and use one of the aftermarket hinges then the serial number location won't interfere.

I do think if you can find a good deal on a PAP pistol, that if you were going to go with one of the folding stocks and you were doing the riveting yourself that maybe the short path might be to just demill the parts from the receiver and use a fresh receiver with the folding stock holes already set up, particularly with the side folder option, as the front trunnion needs to be clearanced for the latch (not just the hole drilled).

This past week I had been shopping for an M92 parts kit and had a couple of them on my radar. Then I saw that AK-Builder had made a run of 5.45 Krinkov barrels for the RGuns Tula AKS-74U parts kits and as I watched his barrel inventory go down to four units I flinched and bought one. Then I ordered the Tula kit from RGuns. Given the nature (cost/value/collectability) of the parts, plus that the barrel is a virgin unpinned that will need to be headspaced, I may have it assembled by a pro.

I'm still interested in an M92 Krinkov so I can have one in each caliber (except for the .223, I believe it's ballistically just a really loud and firebally .22LR). If I can find an underfolder assembly (stock and hardware) then it'll make the PAP pistol be more appealing, although the huge SAFE/FIRE engraving and owner's manual script and all that on the side is fugly.

AKS-74U

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    So I bought an M92PV pistol which will end up totalling $828 including shipping, and fees for transfer and credit card surcharge. If I were face to face with case it would have been $760, but I found it on Armslist from another state.

I want to SBR it down the road, but it will likely be a while before I can spend any more money on guns that I don't "have to." However, I would like to secure a Yugo underfolder stock with hardware for when that time comes. I saw some on here from past ads, but I need to get my post count up to post a WTB ad, hence the **** chat right now.

I'm pretty excited about the pistol. I'll have to stain and seal the furniture, as it comes totally raw. I've been a fan of the blonde furniture like Hungarian AKs, but I also like the Russian red look. What I'd like to do is see some color pics of authentic M92 submachine guns to see if I like them.

I saw some stuff that I tend to believe about 922(r) being applicable to Title II firearms, since it applies to "firearms" and that's what they are, so the Yugo muzzle attachment in the parts kit would be something extra I would have been paying for that would add to my imported parts count.

Come to think of it, is the 922(r) issue applies to an M92 SBR then the Serbian receiver is a consideration with starting with a PAP pistol. However, given the extra labor cost involved in headspacing and populating the barrel in a virgin kit, one could even "demill" the PAP receiver and use a NODAK or other one already set up with the stock of your choice. For home builders that can rivet but maybe not drill and mill trunnions, that's one option.

I suppose if anyone were to offer a U.S. made underfolder stock then that would help with 922(r) compliance.

Another option for a folding stock that I may consider is a VZ58 factory folder. I love the look and function of a "Khyber Pass" left side folder, but unless AK-Builder gets more of the US-Made ones in stock they are pretty hard to find and expensive when you do find them. There is a bit of "extra" work involved with the Serbian/Yugo front trunnions to clear the front latch of the side folder. The location of the serial number on the M92PV PAP pistols is likely to be in the way of the latch, but it may be possible to squeeze it below the serial number if you're trying to retain it.

Here's a pic of one for sale here in AZ as of last Saturday. The new location of the serial number is great for underfolder conversion, but maybe not so much for AK100/Khyber left side folder style.

ZastavaPAPM923.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    easiest way to get required parts is:

(1) piston
    (3) FCG
    (1)pistol grip.

If you want a muzzle device, then get a US one.

AKS-74U

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Speaking of M92 options across the nation, there's a guy on Calguns currently offering what was a virgin M92 kit that has been prepped (headspaced, barrel populated, gas port drilled, etc) and the barrel nitrided ready for assembly. Everything is done, including the milling of the rear trunnion for the underfolder, with the exception of the selector stop which didn't get milled for some reason.

The prep work was done by Pat from Pat's Hobby Page (Restoreit1). I have no affiliation with the seller other than I was very close to buying the kit from him, which is why I know the details of the prep work. Now that I've picked a path with the M92PV I bought, I can pass on this awesome (in my opinion) brand new M92 parts kit.

Here's the link:

New Yugo M92 Kits, Ready to build! Nitrided Original Barrel - Calguns.net

Here's Pat's Hobby Page:

Pat's Hobby Page

Here's a link to some of the less expensive, but recently in stock PAP pistols I've seen. I have no affiliation with these guys either.

Zastava PAP M92 AK-47 Pistol 7.62x39 Brand New 30rd! Like the Draco! - phoenix sports equipment for sale - backpage.com

AKS-74U

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    easiest way to get required parts is:

(1) piston
    (3) FCG
    (1)pistol grip.

If you want a muzzle device, then get a US one.

Another option is the Ironwoods Designs handguard. Seems expensive though.

IWD2pchg

Looking at the "922(r) Wiki" page, the PAP pistol, if fitted with an imported buttstock, since the receiver is imported it barely makes the limit. With the FCG, pistol grip, and gas rod, you can run the imported muzzle device. Or, you can run the stock pistol grip if you run a US muzzle device.

I'm not sure how much I like the Serbian pistol grip, but if authenticity is important I haven't seen a US-made one that looks original, unlike the Krinkov style muzzle device (meaning the compliant muzzle device looks authentic to me).

Gunwiki: 922(r) Worksheet for AK-47 Builds

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If it's a Khyber Pass build what does it really matter? I'd get the "molot-ish" grip...it's US made and a "Beer Can" muzzle device. Sexual chocolate.

AKS-74U

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    If it's a Khyber Pass build what does it really matter? I'd get the "molot-ish" grip...it's US made and a "Beer Can" muzzle device. Sexual chocolate.

Vitamink! I tried to get your attention in another thread. I was wondering if you still had that M92 underfolder setup I'd seen mentioned in some older threads.

I can't PM you yet, but perhaps you can send me an email through the site?

As for my build, I don't think I'll do the Khyber Pass stock. I don't have one anyway to do it with, so I figured I would either go underfolder or aftermarket/VZ58. Maybe if I had one of those stocks... :):

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    in the other thread I replied with this.

I don't have it my man. Pretty much as soon as I posted the above, someone wanted it and PMed the hell out of me. I think apex gun parts has some for sale and if you google "underfolder template" then click images you'll get your dimensions. I'd do it for you but I'm on my phone and I'm not that skilled.

This was post #17 from yesterday from this thread
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class_iii_nfa/239648-anyone_here_ever_built_a_sbr_ak-2.html

under-folders look really cool, i don't really enjoy shooting them though. You can find folding stocks in a lot of places. I remember I once said something about not being able to find them anymore then clay came along and proved me wrong multiple times over.

AKS-74U

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    in the other thread I replied

Lol, I forgot to subscribe to that thread, so I didn't get that. Yes, I hear underfolders aren't so comfy to shoot. I know they sell an ugly rubber pad that can be attached to the horseshoe area, but then there's still the cheek weld issue.

Thanks for the replies. It's funny I've been looking everywhere including Apex and didn't find anything there, but I just tried a new search term and sure enough they have lots of underfolder parts listed.

What I'm not so sure about is which ones are the "same" as the Yugo version. I found one that was a half-round cast or forged style, rather than the stamped, which is what I have on what I'm pretty sure is a Romanian underfolder (TGI build on NDS).

Now that I think of it, I don't think I ever fired that TGI underfolder. Maybe I ought to do that before I throw an underfolder on the M92PV (or for that matter, maybe I ought to have fired it before buying an M92PV!) I'll probably do way more shooting instead of acquiring when they start banning shooting. :cool: Or, I start reloading.

I have read somewhere that I think it was the Yugo underfolder arms are thicker than some of the other countries', such that the Samson clamp-on cheek weld didn't fit on them. I don't recall if that was Yugo, but given the thicker RPK receivers and such they tend to use it makes sense.

If I do an underfolder on the M92, I don't want it to be visibly bastardized the wrong type (non-Yugo) of underfolder. If that's gonna be the case, then I'd just as soon throw on an Ace or something (like a VZ58 folder, which is maybe what might happen).

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Looking at the "922(r) Wiki" page, the PAP pistol, if fitted with an imported buttstock, since the receiver is imported it barely makes the limit. With the FCG, pistol grip, and gas rod, you can run the imported muzzle device. Or, you can run the stock pistol grip if you run a US muzzle device.

Dont worry about "barely", you just have to meet the requirement, not exceed it.

I'm not sure how much I like the Serbian pistol grip, but if authenticity is important I haven't seen a US-made one that looks original, unlike the Krinkov style muzzle device (meaning the compliant muzzle device looks authentic to me).

Welcome to Ronin's Grips!

[/QUOTE]

AKS-74U

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Dont worry about "barely", you just have to meet the requirement, not exceed it.

I'm with ya. No more than ten imported parts on the list. I've done pistol grip conversions on a number of Saigas, which are 100% Russian, and also on a previously "butthole stocked/thumbhole buttstocked" postban Hungarian FEG, so I'm familiar with the "rule."

For those other projects, I'd just never had any interest in making/keeping the gun reasonably historically authentic-looking, with things like original imported furniture and buttstock. In this case and for the Tula Krinkov kit, I am interested in making a facsimile of the "real deal," and the "barely" comment was just because this time I will have to actually watch it, because if I keep all the external parts original (furniture, muzzle device, magazine, and receiver), it actually does NOT pass 922(r), with 12 imported parts according to that worksheet.

That's something I hadn't had to worry about much when putting on US-made Hogue, VLTOR, Magpul, and Ultimak stuff on the outside which helped compliance by default. I had yet to be forced to change a gas piston for compliance, except for the Saiga 12 "puck" since it still has an original handguard.

These Suchka/Krinkov types I'm making are going to be more original looking, hence my interest in an underfolder for the M92 SBR instead of a more ergonomic variety.

Top Bottom