• ...and so much more!
  • FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    https://youtu.be/JYMRzLaRU_o

Posted by MAC today, talking of ATF bump stock regulations and the wording that would effectively include ALL semiautomatics. Watch the video for all the nitty gritty details. They spoke of a “comment period” regarding this proposed regulation on presumably the ATF website. Does anyone know of how to find it, if it’s still open?

Links appreciated for the convenience of all, if anyone has one.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Should we really be worried when the guys who will be in charge of taking the guns won't go into a school to stop an active shooter (Broward Sheriff's deputies) and panic when one dude runs amok in Cali (Christopher Dorner)?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    California and Washington state both have teams working today "securing" firearms from anyone who a Judge orders. I'm thinking that operation won't last very long before the whole "team" resigns. The ones still alive that is.....

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    California and Washington state both have teams working today "securing" firearms from anyone who a Judge orders. I'm thinking that operation won't last very long before the whole "team" resigns. The ones still alive that is.....
    Illinois has had a State Police team for quite awhile that does this.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mac has the same problem as Yeager. Putting up old videos so they are back on the channel shows them as new. Difficult to tell what is actually new and what is from past times.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Oregon: More gun control already signed into law

Florida
    : More gun control already signed into law

Illinois, New York, California: More gun control is working it's way through the house and senate of each state and is setup to be signed into law

Many other states are also dealing with more gun control legislation, but at this time it is difficult to determine what will and will not pass given the current anti-gun environment.

National: More gun control without the need to sign it into law

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-bumpstocks/justice-department-files-regulation-to-ban-bump-stocks-idUSKCN1GM0JN

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/03/10/doj-moves-outlaw-bump-stocks-making-them-illegal-own-sell/413237002/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/10/department-of-justice-moves-to-ban-bump-stocks-classifying-them-as-machine-guns-under-federal-law.html

When I questioned the NRA's statement of "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations" I was disparaged, called all sorts of unrepeatable names, called a traitor to the 2nd amendment for not supporting the NRA, and told I was too stupid to realize that the NRA and President Trump were playing 4D chess.

Almost all of the legislation that is being proposed does not ever mention bump stocks. It only mentions anything that can increase the rate of your gun...with no further definitions. In the hands of a future anti-gun administration, that could be reinterpreted as anything. Just look how the "Sporting Purpose" clause has been abused and misused since it was written into the 1968 Gun Control Act. This is the same exact thing.

Now we are going to get national regulation through an unelected and unaccountable beurocrat. And once this happens, any anti-gun administration in the future will have free reign on banning whatever they want using the same exact process.

Was the NRA really playing 4D chess? Are you sure? There is no doubt in your mind at all???

Looks to me like the NRA is selling out gun rights because they are only interested in saving bolt action rifles and pump shotguns. In my opinion, if they are not willing to protect ALL of the 2nd amendment, they they are not protecting any of it.

Top Bottom