• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Does anyone recognize the magazine on the left?
    It fits into a Beretta P92, but the magazine catch/release notch is too big, and subsequently won't allow rounds to feed.

P92 mag is on the right for comparison. The only marking is that it's made in Brazil, cal 9mm Para.
    1000029507.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It look similar to a SIG P228 magazine.
    IIRC Sig P226 magazines are basically copies of the Beretta 92FS magazines. Only difference is the magazine release is cut higher than the 92FS magazine. You can modify a 92FS magazine to work in a Sig P226.
    That was in an article years ago IIRC in an old Combat Arms magazine.
    So if a P228 magazine is similar to the P226 magazine I would think the same would apply.

Also note that the G2c and G3 series work well with P226 magazines. So that could be a G3 series magazine.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just pulled out my Taurus PT-92 and from the center of the mag and up it looks very much the same. The base plate on the mag in the photo looks more like something Bubba did for reasons unknown.
    Look at the holes for the magazine release one is small and the other much larger.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Look at the holes for the magazine release one is small and the other much larger.
    Yes, I noticed that. Just for info, I am a Beretta 92 series nut who just had to have a Taurus PT-92 to throw in for giggles. I also noticed that for some reason Taurus didn't use the same mag as the Beretta which really would have made a lot more sense for the owners of their pistols.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    IIRC Sig P226 magazines are basically copies of the Beretta 92FS magazines. Only difference is the magazine release is cut higher than the 92FS magazine. You can modify a 92FS magazine to work in a Sig P226.
    That was in an article years ago IIRC in an old Combat Arms magazine.
    So if a P228 magazine is similar to the P226 magazine I would think the same would apply.

Also note that the G2c and G3 series work well with P226 magazines. So that could be a G3 series magazine.
    That would've been great to mod this mag to fit a gun I have (P226), but it doesn't appear that there'd be enough meat left if I added a notch high enough to match the factory P226 mag.

(P226 mag on the right)
    1000029559.jpg
    It does slide right into the P226, though.

Top Bottom