• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lpso708

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Can you apply to ATF for 3 AR15 receivers to make into SBR at one time or would that be a problem?:dunno: I would like for the future builds.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Can you apply to ATF for 3 AR15 receivers to make into SBR at one time or would that be a problem?:dunno: I would like for the future builds.

As long as you write the checks, fill out the paperwork properly and include the required forms I don't think they care how many you manufacture. If doing them for future builds, you'll need to know what barrel lengths you plan to use as that information (overall length) is required information. If you change your mind after getting the stamps you'll have to notify NFA of the changes.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    The way I understand it, you would have to fill out 3 separate forms sets (form 1s, citizenship forms, and finger print cards, photos, and $200) and send them in. ATF doesn't care if you send in more then one at a time, but they all have to be on their own forms. And like phylodog said, you will have to know the barrel lengths (although I think I heard that you can put a longer barrel on, as long as it doesn't go any shorter than what is on your form). (may be wrong on that part though)

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    They don't care. Ive done this many a time. Like to send packets of 5 or so...

Just a note about changing lengths, after you send in the letter stating you are doing it, prepare to NOT get a response for months. I sent them one letting them know I was changing a 14.5" upper to a 10.5" upper, included 2 copies of the letter (requested they sign one and return it for my records), a copy of the updated form 1, a self addressed envelope and post-it with my phone number. That was in OCTOBER, and I still havn't received my copy back.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The way I understand it, you would have to fill out 3 separate forms sets (form 1s, citizenship forms, and finger print cards, photos, and $200) and send them in. ATF doesn't care if you send in more then one at a time, but they all have to be on their own forms. And like phylodog said, you will have to know the barrel lengths (although I think I heard that you can put a longer barrel on, as long as it doesn't go any shorter than what is on your form). (may be wrong on that part though)

Actually, if you send them all in, figuring on 3 SBR's, you can send in 3 sets of Form 1's (2 copies each), 1 set of print cards (2 cards) and 1 CoC. I've heard of people sending 1 $600 check, but I've heard of that confusing NFA, so it's better to send one check for each application.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Actually, if you send them all in, figuring on 3 SBR's, you can send in 3 sets of Form 1's (2 copies each), 1 set of print cards (2 cards) and 1 CoC. I've heard of people sending 1 $600 check, but I've heard of that confusing NFA, so it's better to send one check for each application.
    This is why I love INGO, always learning something new (and not getting too much grief for being wrong when trying to help people)
    :ingo:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX

I have never heard that before. Have always sent each as an individual group (2 form 1's, 2 fingerprints, 1 CoC, and a 200$ check) paper clipped together. All of them in the same envelope, but separated into nice neat groups. Never had an issue doing it that way, and with the amount of time these take its easier to get a six fingerprints done than risk it :D

lpso708

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Thanks for the answers one more ? As long as you go longer you do not need to Inform the ATF? As if said I wanted to use a 7 inch barrel but later used a 14.5 inch no paper work involved?

Top Bottom