• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    What are some things you do to make your hunt more comefortable or easier?

One thing I do is I have a empty plastic bottle tied to my climber, you know in case I gotta pee.

I also have made several bow hangers so that I have them in most of the trees I access.

I carry a waist pack with 1 large pocket and 6 smaller pockets for all my gear.

Of course the 4-wheeler for helping get the deer out.

If I hunt on the ground I use my Gobbler Lounger chair. It's very comfy.
    When it's cold I use the insole foot warmer by Grabber. I usually put 1 pair of socks on then wrap the warmer over the end of my toes only, then another pair of socks to hold it there.

If I'm hunting on the ground I use those Ice Breaker slip over boot covers. They are great. They go right over the top of my pac boots.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Here is a seat hanger I built to use on one of my ladder stands. I bought an extra summit seat to hang on it. It's a lot more comfortable.

276.jpg

The red rope that is supporting it is there just for when I was testing it's ability to work. It has a stainless steel cable to support my weight in the tree. The cable is over a tree limb. If I didnt have a limb I would have used a screw in step. Works very well.

279.jpg

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    When I go into the woods, I have my camo clothes in my backpack. I'm in a longsleeve shirt and my hunting jeans. Then I put my camo on when I get to the stand after a few minutes of cooling down. I don't sweat as much. It's a little cold when I start out, but after 100 yards or so, I start to warm up and the walk in isn't so bad.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wool and fleece. Don't wear tight boots in cold weather, it restricts blood flow and your feet get colder, faster. Wear a good pair of heavy 100% merino wool socks, with room to wiggle toes and if REALLY cold throw in some warmers. Like grandma always said layer clothing. I start with a light base layer, then wool of some type depending on temp. then outer wear. Stay cool on the way to the stand so as not to build up a layer of sweat. Once you're wet, you're going to get cold.

triggerhappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    hunt more comfortable

Take a youngster hunting on opening morning, Only, then all your hunts afterwards will be more comfortable. :):

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I get the thermacare heat wrap for your lower back and wear it over my base layer. They are cheap & you can find them anywhere. Anything to keep your core warm.

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    Being an old phart I sometimes have a case of shrinkage when I'm out in cold weather. I take a piece of 1" plastic pipe with me to make sure I whiz out past my clothes. Nothing less comfortable than wet britches when it's 15 degrees outside and layers of clothes can be bulky.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Being an old phart I sometimes have a case of shrinkage when I'm out in cold weather. I take a piece of 1" plastic pipe with me to make sure I whiz out past my clothes. Nothing less comfortable than wet britches when it's 15 degrees outside and layers of clothes can be bulky.

We appreciate that you did not show us a pic of that!:D

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I first bought a small ladder stand, it got the job done but after sitting in this stand all morning I found the hard way when I try to stand up to climb down my legs don't work.
    So this year I bought the tree stand of all tree stand it is the 17.5' Stadium Series XL, 2 Man made by big dog tree stands.
    - Big Dog Treestands
    It is like having your living room couch up in a tree, it even comes with a camo blind type cover to go around the shooting rail so I can move my feet and legs without spooking any deer. I have laid back and dozed off a time or two but I try to not make a habit of it.
    And before you say anything, YES I do use the safety harness all the time.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom