• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Did he not have access to a shovel?

Well, the article said; "called several animal shelters to ask for help disposing of the dog’s body but was told the dog had to be brought to them. He said the dog was too big for him to lift." ...so maybe if that was the case, he was physically unable to dig a big hole, as well. :dunno:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    He couldn't ask a friend, neighbor or family member to help him?

If he could have, I'd think he wouldn't have needed to call any shelters for help.
    I kind of wish the article would have explained things a little bit more... but after two minutes of sleuthing on the net, it looks to the untrained info-seeker (me) like he was most likely well over 65.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If he could have, I'd think he wouldn't have needed to call any shelters for help.
    I kind of wish the article would have explained things a little bit more... but after two minutes of sleuthing on the net, it looks to the untrained info-seeker (me) like he was most likely well over 65.

I can see that. But, if the Rottweilet was a male, they can weigh as much as 150 pounds.

My Rotty weighs 130. I can lift him up and carry him. But it's a PITA.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    And you're around 28 and probably have a decent back...give it about 40 years and try the same feat. :D

Nah. My goal is to be 70 years old, and be able to look like I can kick an 18-30 year old's Ass.

Just from working out and eating my veggies. THAT'S a goal everybody should have.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well, at least his local government was there to make a few bucks off his misfortune.

Yeah right, the amount of the ticket probably paid for the gas in the fire truck. The cost incured by the city from fighting the fire is probably rather large.

Lost his home, a loyal companion of 11 years and if that isn't bad enough, gets citation for illegal burning. :xmad:

Virginia man who tried to dispose of dead dog’s body by burning sets house on fire - The Washington Post

Some cherished companion, lets throw some gas on him and light er up. He was an idiot, luckily for him insurance pays for stupidity and his house will be taken care of.

Last edited:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I feel sad for this guy. Few things are sadder than losing your best friend. But then to be unable to dispose of the remains and the only solution you can come up with burns your home and gets you fined by the government....
    I wanna give him a hug.

Top Bottom