• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I was reading the article about someone being held by the secret service that was near the home of former President Bush jr. Now, I know absolutely nothing at all about where the former president lives, what kind of a neighborhood, location, type of neighborhood, gated community, etc. Ok, but the thing that I really find quite strange is how something is worded. So here goes:

Dallas (CNN) -- Authorities detained a person near the home of former President George W. Bush on Wednesday night after an incident in his Dallas-area neighborhood, a U.S. Secret Service spokesman said.

The person who was detained was coming to visit a neighbor of the former president, according to Ed Donovan of the Secret Service. The person was authorized to come onto the street, Donovan said.

The incident is being investigated by the Secret Service, and there was no perceived threat to the former president, according to Sgt. Warren Mitchell with the Dallas Police Department.
    "President and Mrs. Bush are OK and they appreciate the work of the United States Secret Service and the Dallas Police Department in responding to the incident," said Bush spokesman David Sherzer.

OK, so when does a person have to be authorized to be on a public street? Does that mean that just because a former president lives on a street that I cant take my dog for a walk on that street unless I am "Authorized" Again, "Ausweiss Bitte?" to make sure you are authorized. WFT

INGunGuy

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Don't read that much into it. Journalists tend to ask some ignorant questions in an attempt to blow things out of proportion. It's entirely possible, perhaps even likely that the journalist asked specifically if the person being detained was authorized to be there then put the answer in the article. I don't see any quotation marks around that statement either so they may have edited it to suit their purpose.

It's also possible, given the wealth of the former President, that the street or neighborhood that he lives in is a posted and gated community.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    having driven in the area where Bush Sr. has a home in Houston - I can assure you that THAT is a gated/restricted sort of community. I've got to imagine that jr's is as well. I suspect what they meant is that it was not someone that came in uninvited. Given the demographics of such neighborhoods (CEO's, etc.) that doesn't surprise me. I agree. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Guy was showing off his new muscle car to a buddy when the throttle became stuck and crashed into property owned by former President Bush.

He was released once it was determined that no alcohol was involved.

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    uou think anyone should be allowed to drive in front of the president's house?? Its no different then the white house, plenty of security and checkpoints to keep things secure

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    uou think anyone should be allowed to drive in front of the president's house?? Its no different then the white house, plenty of security and checkpoints to keep things secure

Depends on where it is and how much of a hassle it is.

I've driven by Obama's new place a bunch and I've stayed in his old neighborhood on 54th Street before he bought the Rezko place.

Bush's place in Dallas is off the beaten path, pocket neighborhood, so closing the street does not create a hassle.

Top Bottom