Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    It is not required. You can self-insure.

true...

If there's no registration or master list of guns how can they enforce insurance? This is the loop hole for registration they are looking for, with the bonus of added income for them and added cost for gun owners.

It's more about the slippery slope that this will put in place. I have no need for more insurance and even less need for someone to force me into it. If something like this would ever be put into place I know some would just never get coverage. I wouldn't need the coverage, as all of my firearms were lost in a boating accident.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How about mandatory insurance for 1A rights as well? You know, in case you slander someone.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    As far as insurance driving is not a constitutional right. It is a priviledge that can be revoked by the state.
    Maybe we should bring back the tax on voting???
    Or only allow property owners to vote??? Our founders may have been smarter than they looked.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Besides, do you really think a criminal is going to call up Allstate and get an insurance policy for his Hi-Point? Really?

This is backdoor registration/confiscation from law-abiding gun owners. Nothing more, nothing less.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Doesnt homeowners cover folks getting injured by firearms on your property?

Yeah, but there are limits. This newly proposed piece of donkey sh*t legislation would require us to carry liability insurance for potential firearms injuries anywhere. Of course, as others mentioned this is just a way to make it too cost prohibitive to own guns. Seriously, how many Mexican cartel members, Crips, Bloods, or any other these other scumbags are going to make sure their guns are insured before they go on a crime spree?

I don't know what's worse, these a-hole politicians trying to legislate us into a police state or the moron mass populace who see nothing wrong with their actions?

Top Bottom