Mar '12 1500: This vendor had me laughing my butt off!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Okay, so i was standing in front of one of the many ammunition vendors looking over the 7.62 prices and the man who was running the booth asked if i needed any help, told him i was just looking. Anyway, this larger gentleman, clearly his first gun purchase, came up inquiring about ammo for his handgun he had "just" bought. Anyway, this moron was breaking every one of the 4 gun rules. Waving that thing around, he must have felt like a bad @$$. Anyway, the vendor, a very young gentleman, probably in his mid twenties, quickly answered this morons questions. This is where it got funny. The vendor, who was a very pleasant person with me and his other customers, shot this guy the dirtiest look and said, "Now that I've answered your question, listen to me. Either put that damn thing in your pants and stop pointing it at me, or give it to lady with you. Who i would guess has more control than you." :bowdown: It took everything i had not to drop my rifle and burst into laughter. The guys says, "Oh.....sorry" and walked away. Obviously not this vendors first rodeo with these kinds of people. :):

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    You gotta love a person with common sense and a sense of humor.....

I am truly sorry I was not there to hear it for myself.

Thanks for sharing...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    One of the reasons why I dont go to gun shows.
    I hope Darwin's laws will take care of that guy before he has a chance to shoot anyone by accident.
    Or that he get some training.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Nice! Do you remember the name of the vendor? I might stop by his table when I hit the show and buy something from him just as a thank you for sticking up for the safety rules like that.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Nice! Do you remember the name of the vendor? I might stop by his table when I hit the show and buy something from him just as a thank you for sticking up for the safety rules like that.
    I don't!! Its a very young guy and girl running the booth. They are located very close to the man selling specialty ammunition. From the entrance, they are located on the left side of the venue. Also, the lady let me use her smartphone to try and research something i heard about a particular type of ammo. These folks are VERY customer friendly!!! I totally recommend you giving your business to them.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Different vendor, but yesterday I was looking at some ammo and this kid walks up with his girlfriend looking as well. He starts explaining how they need to get this hollow point 9mm ammo for his new gun. It would blow a hole the size of a quarter straight through a person.

That's some good 9mm there.

Then it got funnier. He asked the vendor if he sold clips. Brushing that aside, the vendor asked for what. The kid said... for my gun. Let it be known that the kid didn't have his firearm with him. Vendor said well what is it, and the blank look on the kids face was priceless.

He walked away mumbling something. I should have stepped in and informed the vendor that the 'clip' was for a 9mm that was capable of popping a quarter sized hole through a guy. That would have cleared it all up.

For the record, I didn't buy any of that 9mm. I was too afraid of what it might do. I did buy some much tamer .40S&W, 00 Buck and 7.62x39 ammo though.

Back to OP though, it should be a rule that people that talk with their hands can't hold a firearm unless mute.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Screening

Unfortunately, there is no way to do idiot-screening at the entrance to the gun show. If there was, the aisles would be a lot less crowded.

Repped ya' Sylvain.

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    Different vendor, but yesterday I was looking at some ammo and this kid walks up with his girlfriend looking as well. He starts explaining how they need to get this hollow point 9mm ammo for his new gun. It would blow a hole the size of a quarter straight through a person.

That's some good 9mm there.

Then it got funnier. He asked the vendor if he sold clips. Brushing that aside, the vendor asked for what. The kid said... for my gun. Let it be known that the kid didn't have his firearm with him. Vendor said well what is it, and the blank look on the kids face was priceless.

He walked away mumbling something. I should have stepped in and informed the vendor that the 'clip' was for a 9mm that was capable of popping a quarter sized hole through a guy. That would have cleared it all up.

For the record, I didn't buy any of that 9mm. I was too afraid of what it might do. I did buy some much tamer .40S&W, 00 Buck and 7.62x39 ammo though.

Back to OP though, it should be a rule that people that talk with their hands can't hold a firearm unless mute.

There was a vendor there selling"clips"! I should have taken a pic of his booth, he had huge signs everywhere advertising his "clips"

Top Bottom