• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle Trapper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but recently purchased a huntertown arms guardian .22 suppressor. This is my first class 3 purchase while residing in Indianapolis, I will be braving the trip to the city county building later this week for my fingerprint cards and to get my form 4 signed. Will the chief of police sign this, or does the attorney? Is there an ideal time to go? I've talked to a few people at IMPD, and couldn't get a straight answer.

Thank you all for any help
    Kenny

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Go before 3:30pm. After that they get cranky to print your cards. You'll leave your form to be signed - 7-10 days later you get a call to pick them up. Unless you leave them a pre-stamped envelope to send your paperwork back in. Make sure its all filled out with your picture on it.

Turtle Trapper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Thanks guys, that really clears things up! Just glad everything will be moving forward. Everything is filled out and ready to go.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Before you leave when you pick up the stamped and signed forms, make sure they've stamped both copies you're sending in or it will come back to you from BATF.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Before you leave when you pick up the stamped and signed forms, make sure they've stamped both copies you're sending in or it will come back to you from BATF.

Maybe I've been lucky but I usually only have had one stamped with the Marion County stamp. This is on the Form 4 to be clear.. and not the prints.

Not sure if ATF needs that exactly or again I got lucky and all they needed was for them to be signed.

Do check them to be sure they are signed. I had one that was not and had to wait another week to get it back. Glad I caught it while I was there.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    It is 6 dollars. I just dropped my forms off downtown today. Hopefully since its the beginning of the week, next week I will get the call.

I was down there today as well just before 1 and got the prints done. I left them a stamped envelope this time to mail them back because of the parking lots being a pain.

Top Bottom