• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    A local shop had one of these on the shelf tonight. I was suprised because I have not seen them around lately. I think the price on it was either $675 or $695 and that seemed pretty high....even though they are hard to come by. Anyone know what these are going for right now?

Thanks all...:rockwoot:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Check out budsgunshop.com and base all your decisions on buying based on their prices. They will ship to your FFL free and if you don't live in KY you don't pay sales tax. The local guy in Evansville who does the transfers charges $20 each. If Bud's has it and your local dealer wants a lot more....well, that's your choice.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    They have gone up in price significantly in the last couple years. The only place online I could find them in stock was Able Ammo at $645. Many places showed them out of stock for $550ish but those were the old prices.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've been told not buy a Marlin Lever Action made by Remington. The barrels are twisted, receivers are twisted and therefore sights are way off. Some left to right. Some right to left. Just check them before you buy.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    A local shop had one of these on the shelf tonight. I was suprised because I have not seen them around lately. I think the price on it was either $675 or $695 and that seemed pretty high....even though they are hard to come by. Anyone know what these are going for right now?

Thanks all...:rockwoot:

What shop?

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I'd suggest having a look to see what era make it is. If its before Rem then take 100 off and offer him if in Excellent condition. Most Marlins will be best up if its a good used gun. Don't let tat concern you a ton. Make sure she cycles good and bore is great. I usually take 25 off for major dings

If he is a good dealer he will work with ya. If its a newer Marlin ten don't waste your time!

bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    Well, I stopped back in today to look at it again. Good news....it was listed lower than I thought at $659 and he deals with me pretty good....bad news, the barrel was not JM marked. In talking with the guy about it i found out why there are problems with some and he has had to work on a few but only the 44 mag ones. Hopefully, I can pick it up this weekend if things work out.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Well, I stopped back in today to look at it again. Good news....it was listed lower than I thought at $659 and he deals with me pretty good....bad news, the barrel was not JM marked. In talking with the guy about it i found out why there are problems with some and he has had to work on a few but only the 44 mag ones. Hopefully, I can pick it up this weekend if things work out.

That price is still pretty steep IMHO. That's steep even for a 1894ss. I would look further, but if that's all you can find, she'll do you good. My pre-Rem 1894ss is a fantastic deer gun and lazer accurate with Hornady. I've never had the first bit of trouble with her:twocents:

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    You might want to check out Dunham Sports, if there is any nearby. I was in the store in Muncie a few weeks ago and asked about that same model. They had none in stock but said the normal price was something under $600. And he said they sometimes have them on sale so keep an eye on their website for sales around Black Friday. I have also found some used models hiding on racks at a few LGS's so just need to keep an eye out and scout around.

Win1300

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    I bought a 1894c from a LGS about 4 years ago. It was used but looked as if it was bought and sat in a safe. I put a Bushnell scope 3-9x40 and it drives tacks at 100 yards. I paid 475 for it. It's a 357 magnum. It was in perfect shape and has worked flawlessly with about 500 rounds down the pipe. I use the horniday leverloution. They are awesome!

Top Bottom