• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    Thanks to 21st century firearms I am the proud owner of a new lever gun. I thought it was an 1894 but it's model number is 336 44. I have never heard of it before. And it came with a marlin scope on it. I was not aware that marlin ever made a scope. Any information on the scope or age of the gun would be much appriciated. Lookout deer!:rockwoot:

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Congratz. Marlin 336 lever guns are easy to shoulder, rugged and accurate at their intended ranges. You will be very happy with it. Great Indiana deer rifle. I had one in 30-30 when I was a kid. I was never very good with iron sights under tree cover so mine had a cheap 4 power scope on it. Nowadays I'd look for a 2-7 leupold if I still had it.

wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    To my understanding the 336 has been made for years. Determining the age is a matter of trying to research the serial#. But you can narrow it down. gold triggers and a squared off lever loops were added in 70's and 80's. I cant remember witch 1 happened when but the internet does provide some help. On a side note in my opinion the 336 marlin is far better than the 1894 marlin I have owned both and prefer the 336

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Neat find. They made those from 1963-1967 I think. Seems I remember hearing some would have feeding problems, longer action and short cartridge, but someone will complain about anything. I've heard of these but have never seen one. Congrats on a cool find.

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    My Marlin 336 in .44MAG is one of my "best find" guns. I got it pretty cheap at the Galyan's in the Castleton Square Mall (remember them?) because the finish was a little rusty and some pitting on the receiver. I got it cleaned up and Duracoated so now it looks great, and with the glass it is a great deer gun.

marlin11.jpg

townmarshal

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    indy
    Marlin scope

In 1966 or 67 I purchased a Marlin 22 bolt action from Warco Supply in downtown Indy and it came with a Marlin 6 power 1 inch tube scope in a two piece cardboard tube. Sold it to a collector about 10 years ago.

Top Bottom