• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    So, I purchased this gun brand new back in January and it seemed cursed straight from the beginning, with the magazine tube screw being over-torqued and shorn off from the factory. Another issue I wish I had addressed when I sent it in for service under warranty was that the gun physically will not accept the 6th shot into its magazine tube. What's more, I cannot find a single resource on how to disassemble the magazine of these newer guns. I would prefer not to ship my gun off again and would rather just take care of this at home, but it is looking to be impossible. Anyone dealt with similar problems, or have experience removing the magazine of a new 336BL?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Your rifle is not designed for 6 in the magazine tube. It is a six shot rifle, that is it carries 5 in the tube and one in the chamber.

I took one apart for polishing and rebluing, other than that, I cannot think of a reason why you would want to remove the magazine tube.

Last edited:

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    It is a 6-shot, with 5 in the magazine and one in the chamber. The 'full length magazine tube' refers to the fact that the rifles are available with a shorter magazine tube. Best of luck, and have a great day DennyMac

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    Marlin Model 336BL

There is no bloody comma on their website. I'm not going crazy (yet). The BL has a tube that is significantly longer than their versions that are "5 shot tubular magazines" (straight from their page on the XLR).

I did just watch a YouTube review that also states that the sixth round is almost impossible to seat in the magazine regardless, so there's that. Oh well

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Marlin Model 336BL

There is no bloody comma on their website. I'm not going crazy (yet). The BL has a tube that is significantly longer than their versions that are "5 shot tubular magazines" (straight from their page on the XLR).

I did just watch a YouTube review that also states that the sixth round is almost impossible to seat in the magazine regardless, so there's that. Oh well

Dude it was a tongue in cheek comment to lighten the mood, didn't mean to offend.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Trust me - you don't want to jam that extra round in the magazine if it is compressing the spring that hard - in any firearm no matter who tells you "it'll fit". Just reduce it by one and learn to always count your shots. The gun will be more reliable and the springs will last much longer. Try to train yourself to never shoot the gun until it is empty - top the magazine off again after 4 or 5 rounds. I have a pair of 94 Winchester Trappers that I download by one round. They have been feeding perfectly on the original magazine springs for 17 years and I have complete faith in their feed reliability - 1st round and last round. Feed reliability is far more important than how many rounds it will hold.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom