• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Holy cow you all aren't kidding! I had been thinking about selling my 1895sbl and checked gunbroker. the last half dozen completed auctions, with lots of bids, were mostly in the $1,850 to $2,500 range.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Holy cow you all aren't kidding! I had been thinking about selling my 1895sbl and checked gunbroker. the last half dozen completed auctions, with lots of bids, were mostly in the $1,850 to $2,500 range.
    It's a conundrum, you can sell now and make some $$ but at the same time you'll probably never get another one.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It's a conundrum, you can sell now and make some $$ but at the same time you'll probably never get another one.
    Exactly. Had it for almost a year but have not shot it. Lucked into it at a local gun show, guy was walking around with it. Still paid over MSRP for like new-used but still, it is sad it sits in the safe.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I don't get it. Surely the price will come down when the panic stops - if the panic stops.
    The problem with Marlin and prices has more to do with they haven't been made for over a year nore than the pandemic. Ruger is ramping up facilities and supposedly starting the Markin line back up by the end if the year so they will be available again at normal prices.

Below is a video by someone that has a lot of insight in industry news.

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    I find it encouraging. I'm a big Ruger fan. Overall, their customer service is very good. Not Henry level, but very good.

To me, Marlin is to Ruger, What Winchester has been to Colt.

Ruger doesn't have the spit and polish of a Colt - but they are half the cost.

If they make a decent looking lever that is reliable, I'll buy.

Now, I suppose the Remlins will be highly collectible - even by all the guys that have been trashing them the past decade. You have to Love it.

Top Bottom