• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    What's the problem? 336 are easy to work on and the loading gate is just a piece of spring steel. Most problems I have seen with gates are the screw that hold it comes loose and they slightly get ajar and bind a bit. Otherwise the mag tube if it is insertion issues. Not uncommon for the cap to get sideways on the spring.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I recommend you call Jeff McHenry a call (317) 557-9705 at J.M. Gunsmithing, 1052 Greenwood Springs Blvd. Suite B in Greenwood, IN 46143

He has done work for me and IMO, does good work and charges reasonable fees.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    That's the carrier which can sometimes be rough. The screw that holds it is near the crossbow safety on the right side. If no safety it is basically the one directly below the hammer. Alot of people mistakenly use the loading gate screw. Has this gun every been disassembled for full cleaning? It is a very easy gun to work on and this is something you should learn if you don't know how to already. The lug rides the carrier which when the loop is fully seated is what allows it to be fired. The lug pushes a 2 part firing pin up and also helps retain the carrier.

And I've dealt with Jeff before he got that new location and he is pretty good general gunsmith if your looking for a someone with a business.

I just know this gun is easy to work on and am sure you could do it yourself and save the money.

Last edited:

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    20140905_225653.jpg

This is the lug that sits below the carrier

20140903_035237.jpg

The screw your looking for is the one below the hammer which is the bottom right on the side plate in this picture.

Top Bottom